Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Sangria?
8 Posts
How big is the Jug Stedan?

We have litre Jugs, and 1.5 litre jugs (about 3 pints) which is about 6 glasses of sangria (depending on the siz of the glass of course) for which we charge 14 euros.

I know some bars charge less, but pretty sure they are for the litre jugs (or smaller).

Will give you a rough idea though.

A glass is 3.50 euros.
Thanks for that goodfellow,

I didn't know there was different sizes it does give me an idea on how much spending money to take. :lol:
hi
a litre jug in santa ponsa is as low as 8 euros
I've seen it in Magalluf for as low as 5 euros a jug, but there's Sangria, and then there's Sangria.

This isn't an advert for our bar, but in our Jug we put a sangria mix, then add Brandy, Bacardi, lemon cointreau, Orange Cointreau, fresh orange, Red Wine, White wine and a mix of fizzy orange and lemonade, topped with fresh fruit etc.

I've known bars who put in the sangria mix, then add Orange and Lemonade and serve like that, with nearly a jug full of ice.

As I say - there's Sangria and then there's sangria.
Goodfellow - Do you use Liquor 43 in your mix for sangria? We do and it tastes great. Learnt this on a trip to Ibiza some 20 years ago! By the way you only need a very small amount.
Going to Cal d or in September, anyone know which bar has the best sangria, like Goodfellow says there is sangria and sangria.
Bobby
Hi Suzanne

No, I've never tried it in Sangria, although everyone has their own way of making it. So long as the customers happy, that's all that matters.

Liquor 43 is incredibably sweet and sticky, and I have occasionally put a drop in coffee when we've run out of sugar. A drop is like the equivalent of 5 spoons of sugar!! I'll maybe try it in a Sangria though, and then blame you if they don't like it!

Cheers

Adam
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.