Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
mugwia, both resorts are lovely one advantage Santa Ponsa has is the transfer time only 25 mins approx. We stayed at the Jutlandia a few years ago it was lovely, we had a great time. No lifts (so pack light) but only 2 floors. CBG
CBG, Thanks for the reply. How would you rate the entertainment at Julandia? How far walk from resort centre and The Square ?
Mugwia, the Jutlandia is in a nice part of Santa Ponsa but it is quite a walk to the square, infact I would say that they are on oposite sides of the town but the Jutlandia is much closer to the lovely sandy beach.
Londongirl :)
The square is a good walk, uphill going but plenty of shops to pass by. The entertaiment was a fair selection we could watch from our balcony. Magician and tribute bands, usual quiz and kareoke. The beach is lovely and 5 mins max walking. The resort has something for everyone whatever the age. CBG
Thanks gals for the advise.

I have just booked Jutlandia apts in Santa Ponsa 14th June for 2 weeks. Availability was booking out by the minute so can not be a bad sign !

looking forward to it already.
mugwia, if you want any more info let me know I will only to pleased to help if I can. CBG
I Was also torn between alcudia and santa ponsa. In the end decided on santa ponsa.

My fiancee and i fly out on june the 19th for a fortnight. Counting down the weeks now.

We are staying at the delfin siesta mar, which i beleive are at the same end as the Jutlandia.

Dont mind a walk though so will no doubt visit the square and irish quarter at some stage.

Does anyone know if there any pubs around the immediate vacinity of our hotel? Or is it a case of walking to the other end of the resort.

Many thanks

Neil
Neil

Dont worry you are near loads of bars & restaurants - the nearest to you being the Rovers Return.

Come out of the Delfin turn left and go down the hill and you will pass the Rovers Return on the left on the right is Kellys Corner (Restaurant) turn right at Kellys and follow the road round the bay - loads of bars and shops about 10 minute stroll and you will be at the Irish Quarter. The Square is about another 10/15 mins from there.

Have you had a look at Santa Ponsa Scene - they have magazine you can download with details of all the bars & restaurants together with a location map.

We are there the 2 weeks before you go - you will have a ball there are loads of great bars and super restaurants.

Carmel
Thanks for all that info Carmel.

Yeah have had a look at the santa ponsa scene website in fairness it is a great read. I believe the April edition of the magazine is due fairly soon , so looking forward to that. As you say, the website provides loads of great information.

Really am starting to look forward to the hols now, have never been to Santa Ponsa before but have a good feeling that it could become one of my favourite resorts. It seems to have a little bit of everything that me and my fiancee' look for in a holiday.

Once again , cheers for all your help.

Neil
Hey :)
I have to say Santa Ponsa because:
1. Short Airport Transfer
2. Because I've holidayed here for the past five summers

I recommend the TRH Jardin Del Mar- right beside the square, on the sea, large pool, comfy and nice rooms, perfect....
:)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.