Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
Hiya Dave

Not long to go now!!

One of the best pubs for kids is Berties - located in the Irish Quarter, it has a kids club so they take your kids off you when you arrive and you pick them up when you leave - heaven!! :lol: You can sit on the terrace whilst they are entertained - bouncy castles, climbing frame, pool, playstation loads of organised games - musical chairs, pass the parcel etc
They also did a couple of theme nights - cant recall what they all were but one was definitely Scooby Doo Night. They have staff there just to look after the kids.

Another good one for kids was Scots Corner - bouncy castles, motorbikes, giant connect 4 and air hockey.

During the day a great bar to go to is The Watering Hole just behind the Pine Wood - you can have a drink and something to eat and they have their own private swimming pool that customers can use.

We pick up a car at the airport and keep it for the fortnight, would recommend Andraitx Market followed by a trip down to the harbour. Marineland at Portals Nous is great for kids. We would highly recommend visiting Deya & Soller - we went through the toll tunnel and then came back down the winding mountain road - not for the faint hearted :omg

I'm sure other people will have more recommendations. I'll check out bars when we are there and will post reviews- I get back just before you go.

Carmel :wave
Hi Carmel and thanks again for the info!
The trip to Soller seems highly rated by all so that will be on our agenda no doubt, as too will be a trip out to the crazy golf complex where Diane will probably win much to my embarassment :oops: (as I play golf!)

Last year we holidayed in Arenal d'en castell in Menorca, we were disappointed with the provision of play areas for the kids (none, either indoors or outdoors!). Bit of a shame really as it was a nice quiet resort and the we had a great apartment too.

This year we've rented a private apartment in SP close to the little beach, it's in a complex of 30 and has a kids pool and gardens so should be OK! Last year we had the luxury of my folks holidaying with us so Diane and myself were able to get a couple of nights out without the kids but this year were going without the baby sitters so we need to find places that they can have a bit of fun whilst we relax with a beer! Berties sounds like a good solution! :D

We'll probably get a taxi and go up to the square on one or two evenings, judging from the map it looks like it could be a fair walk from our apartment.

We ate out virtually every evening last year and to be honest although the food was OK the menu's were pretty similar at all of the bars/restaurants and it got a bit boring!.
I've read a few items on websites that say that the supermarkets in Majorca tend to have a better selection of goods than those in Menorca so we'll probably cook more for ourselves this year, We like to try all types of food but we really struggled to find good quality ingredients in Menorca. :? Our kids are a bit picky when it comes to their favourite :hyper food such as Fish Fingers etc and it was a bit of a struggle to get them to eat the Spanish versions! Problem is that they're old enough to read now and they can tell if it says Birdseye on the package or not!!! :bhead
Seems that there's no shortage of Indian and Chinese restaurants in SP so Di and I will be happy!

Looking forward to your feedback on the resort after your visit this year, hope you have a great time!
Hi Dave

You shouldn't have any problems feeding your kids - there is no end of places to eat and all have a kids menu. If you really struggle there is a Burger King & McDonalds in SP. The Supermarkets have a great selection - we went to Caprabo (spelling?) which is like a big hypermarket in SP and as we had a car we were able to stock up the fridge/freezer in the apartment. You can buy loads of English brand cereals etc for breakfast, although I have to say its nearly cheaper to have breakfast out.
We never cooked in our apartment - the extent to my catering was sandwiches at lunchtime and we ate out every night. Some nights we only had something snacky and other nights we would splash out.

A couple of times we went into Magaluf - we found a great place to eat called Tom Browns, the food there was great with loads of choice (foradult & kids). It had its own crazy golf course which customers could use. We were able to eat whilst our son made friends with other kids there and played golf.

Forgot to mention Golf Fantasia in Palma Nova - brilliant crazy golf with 3 different 18 hole courses.

I'll give another update on my return as I am sure there will some new bars & restaurants that have opened since our last visit.

Carmel :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.