Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, Its down the road by the Kingfisher Villa, not far from Victor Exotica and the new block of shops Serendipity it has its own beach shack calamari which had a good review in the Sunday Telegraph.
We have booked for February but we are a little worried now because the beach is getting narrower down towards Sinquerim, still there are plenty of beaches in Goa , I read the reviews also, sounded good being close to the beach.Their are 4 of us going so if it all goes pearshaped :argue it will be down to me :shrug What the Hell , I can take it! :rofl
Allan.
Thanks for the info. We are staying at The Casablance this time for three weeks over Christmas and New Year so will get a long and have a look in preperation for next year. Sure yours will be great as there is quite a bit of beach there. Anyway if too much got taken away I am sure Mr Kingfisher would have extra sand and beach brought in.
Agree with all that Allanmarian says. It's down the track that leads to the beach almost opposite Flambe, if that means anything.

Calamari is a good shack - clean, good toilets and no hassle, It's yards from the Santana. We had a look around the rooms (but didn't stay there) and they were fine - I got the impression the owner had only just bought the business and they were painting and cleaning up.

If you want a quiet location, very close to the beach, you'll struggle to do better!
I havent had a look around the rooms Roma, we are going on the 4th nov staying at friends apt in the HBR and i wanted to check it out first before we booked for feb but we are going with our friends in feb and they wanted to book something before we went as they are tied down to specific dates, looked ok on website and we like the location right on the beach also we all like Flambe`never had a bad meal their and good prices , We will pay a few visits to the calamari ( get our feet under the table and suss out the best rooms in the Santana ) :lol: .One of the best hols we had was when we stayed at the Goan heritage also right on the beach but their prices have gone sky high the rooms in their are still quite basic but the gardens and position is superb.
allan.
Hi Allan
Have a great time in November - not long to wait now - we're going on 24th. I never realised that the Calamari was linked to the Santana. Although we stay at The Albuquerque, just up the road, we've only ever had breakfast at Flambe and to be honest, it wasn't great. Is the evening food good?
Four of us have eaten their on numerous occassions and their have been no complaints ,the staff are really friendly and make you really welcome but you know what goa is like roma i am always reluctant to recommend anywhere but give it a go its cheap anyway. :lol: allan.
Talking about breakfast roma, last season we enjoyed 3 or 4 breakfasts at Floyds,not the one opposite the Magnum the other one towards Victor Exotica , we decided to go for our evening meal, waited ages (yes i know nothing new) but I am talking a long time ,the meal came and it was cold and undercooked i dont think i am all that fussy (wife will disagree) but i like my food hot and well cooked now i dont think that is a lot to ask for nor do i think it is difficult to do , so i sent my meal back, also something I am wary about doing for obvious reasons :twisted: I know,cynic in me.
anyway we just got charged for the first course,soup and garlic bread we never took the option of another meal, but we never went back again but we both loved having breakfast their,I always feel a bit guilty going past their because we used to have a good laugh with the lads and they always wave to us as we pass :oops: :oops: allan
Know what you mean about recommendations but I'll give Flambe a try one night. Had a lunch at the Floyds you mention and it was good.
Hi, Just got back and am looking for a different hotel this time. Have had some mixed reports on The Santana Beach Resort. Has anybody any info they wish to offer that I could think about, plerase. Thanks. Lorrie
Hi, Lorrie will be there in a few days so will let you know.
So how was Xmas & New Year at the Casablanca?
Allan.
We have done Christmas and New Years before staying at different hotels. The Casablanca was OK. Nothing to complain about but could have done with a bit more life. Everybody was very nice but we are used being a bit more involved with the staff., but they seemed a bit reserved. Great location though, handy for the beach and getting out of a night time. We have booked just today for December staying a month at The Santana
Does anyone have any idea whereabouts in Candolim this hotel is ? Brochure says it's new this year and is by the beachside at Candolim. What it doesn't say and I can't find anywhere is exactly where on the long Calangute/Candolim road it is i.e. nearer Calangute or nearer the fort. Seen a quite good deal there for next year.
Sim,
Try google, http://www.santana-goa.com. It looks great, its down towards the Taj, (Sinquerim beach) lots of info on the site. Hope this helps. Where did you see it ?
Saw it with Cosmos. I was looking at accommodation only and the price was really reasonable compared to many others which have less facilities. It's much more expensive to book it direct than it is with Cosmos.
Ive just booked with this hotel through cosmos and with premium flights, very good price too, as for location, it seems to be at the south end of north goa
Had a look around a year or so ago. Right next to the beach. You turn off the Candolim/Simquerim road close to where Flambe is and it's down there. Not far off the Kingfisher Villa.

It looks good - nice garden areas and pool and just a minute's stroll from the beach.
hi we have booked for dec 07 if you look at http://www.findall-goa.com/maps/candolim/candolim_sinquerim.jpg at the bottom of map you will see the venue catamari thats where it is i think it maybe a bit out of the way but only a short cab ride to the main area of candolim it has a couple of good reviews on this site one bad one but if you look closely you will see why have a great time
moles, kent wrote:
So glad to read posts re Calamari, as we are staying at the Santana Hotel and that is their own shack. Only 3 more weeks, yipee!

santana is lovely!

definately my favourite hotel so far in 8 years of going to goa.

try and get a room above the shops at the front of the hotel on the main road, they are 1 bedroomed apartments and quite big.

h.
Thanks paxrax, are they all with balcony's? The hotel was booked through Holidays4u.com so I don't know if they have certain rooms like some tour operaters do, but I think it say's that there is a kitchen separate. Any idea of the room numbers that are best?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.