Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Why would you want to have a meal there. We stayed there on half board once (that was once too many times) the food was basic and unispiring. There are lots of restaurants to try in that area. Have you tried the dining area of the Ingognito bar, they have a set price menu that is very nice and the serivice was very good. Also in that area is the resaurant, WE Five, it gets very good revues
Why they wanted to go, I'm sure would be entirely up to them...... but I think it's because they can see what the cost of an all in 3 course menu would be there.

They were at Salina Wharf last year at the same time and booked a half board option, which to be truthful was a rip off. All set menu, repetition of a dessert for 3 nights running whilst we were there for 6 nights so they were looking at alternatives.

They don't want to eat 3 courses every night but would be nice to have an option if they fancied it.

Anyway, it seems they've found the Bell Pub and are quite happy with that. Unfortunately, we on the other hand do not want to eat in the same place every night and prefer a buffet option rather than being served a plated meal - so, again I ask..... is it possible to go and eat in the Santana Hotel without being a resident?

We intend to try the Mongolian BBQ too as it's several years since we last visited one (Manchester and Bergen) but are intrigued by Incognito - can you tell me whereabouts it's located in relation to the Santana and the bus station?
The Mongolian BBQ has now closed. However there are plenty of places to eat in the area and there are a few that do offer buffet meals.
Bugger :(

We were soooooo much looking forward to a visit to the Mongolian.

We are off out in just over a week for a week, so will see what we can turn up. Hope the weather picks up, my parents say it's been a bit "iffy" and mixed since they arrived on 6th Feb.

We fly out on 25th for a week and generally find the temperatures are a few degrees cooler than our own island of Cyprus.
cyprus100 Will you be flying from Cyprus on Emirates and if so how long is the flight?
Hi

Yes, we will be on Emirates - that's a direct flight for us. Leaves Dubai to Malta via Larnaca so works for us both ways.

Leaves Larnaca at 11:30 and arrives Luqua at 13:20 - which makes it a bit less than 3hrs (we find it's around 2hrs 30m usually).

Normally we book direct with Emirates but this time for some reason it was cheaper for us to book with Air Malta and it's a code share flight and Air Malta always use Emirates for the route.
Incognito fron Santana. turn right outside santana, past carpark and 1st left. Incignito is at the end of that street on the left. It has a rather dingy bar in the front but the restaurant is through the bar.We ate there last week. The 3 course set menu is very good but the huge staeks on the a la carte looked fantastic.. Bon appitete
Thanks for that!

We arrive on Thursday and are hoping the weather will be kind to us :sun2 We've had a really mild week this last week in Cyprus, so much so - we keep forgetting it's only February!

We tend to find Malta is a couple of degrees or so lower but last year we had the worst weather ever - bad here too at same time.

Keeping our fingers crossed as our week in Malta is our "chillin' out" week after our influx of visitors over the lead up to Christmas and New Year. Nice to have a few days sitting on a lounger with a good book in a sheltered spot....

We will be the couple wearing jeans, t-shirt and a fleece whilst sitting in the sun :wave: and a warm coat to wander through the breezy streets of Qawra and Bugibba. LOL
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.