Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hello,

The airport in Santorini is very small with 2/3 shops, for food or drink you are required to go across the road to one of two cafes. It can be busy at the check-in area as does not have much of a seating area or much room for the queues. When entering the airport you are required to scan all your luggage / bags.

Having said all this in our opinion the airport was not bad at all and quite organised. I would advise not going through passport control too early though as there is not anything but 1 shop and a few toilets :D

Have a nice holiday

Lea 28
thanks Lea, that's very helpful. sounds like santorini airport isnt too bad at all really, very reassuring.

10 weeks to go.....and counting!

:D
Hi Kels ! A group of 6 of us are off to Kamari 5 weeks today so will see first hand this tiny airport. Will be back before you go so will post then.
Hi ! I forgot to ask is there duty free on the way back or is it best to buy on the way out?
Hi Helen - Yes there is a small duty free shop but you might be better buying 'duty paid' in your resort as being EU it's not duty free anyway, there is a reasonable supermarket in Kamari and one in Perissa where you can get you booze, in Perissa there is an excellent Tobacco Shop for your fags.
The airport is really pleasant if you do choose to go through passport control to wait for your flight back you can sit uptairs on an outside open air terrace and catch some final rays! Being small it's usually very quick to get the baggage off and get on with your holiday on the way in.
Thanks Greeklass! The wait for baggage is one of the most annoying things on arrival I find, because I can't wait to get to the resort.
Hi Helen,

will look forward to your post when you get back.

have a great holiday!

:P
hi Helen t any reports yet :) pls
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.