Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Germany, Benelux and Northern Europe.
It's a long time since I went to Amsterdam,about 13 years but I'm sure we got on a train at the airport,hope this helps,if not at least it bumps your thread up.If you're not in a hurry for an answer I'll ask my hubby tonight as he worked there more recently.
The train station is underneath the airportterminal. As you exit arrivals, look (left I think) for the signs to the trains; the ticket windows are at the top of the escalators. Easy peasy :)
Schiphol is close to the city compared with some places so you need to be clear about the address you are heading for - you might not need to go to Centraal Station, it's often possible to find connections between trains and local transport that are more direct.

There is an easy way to work out the journey. Start at http://www.ns.nl/cs/Satellite/travellers . Set the From box to Station and type in Schiphol (don't forget the h in the middle!). Set the To box to Address , this should cause more spaces to open up. Type in Amsterdam and the street name you are heading for. Give it a moment then click Travel Method and select Bus,Tram, Metro from the top of the list. Then fill in the date and time of your journey and click the blue button. It will calculate a selection of options and display them at the left of the screen, the one marked in yellow will be given in detail on the rest of the screen. To see the details of another option clcik it in the list. Prices can vary depending on whether you go to Centraal Station or get off at a local stop like Lelylaan. There is even an option to watch a demonstration of how to use the ticket machine.

there is a more complicated journey planner at http://journeyplanner.9292.nl/default.aspx which will also give you maps for any walks between tram stop and address! On this site you need to click Address in the From box and change it to Airport/ferry Port before entering Luchthaven Schiphol

Bear in mind that Dutch stations are now very much geared towards self service.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.