Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
rococo on the beach,

I've dived in a few places in Crete, but by far the best one was Kalypso Rock on the south of the Island. It was based in a German nudist village back then and a bit of a treck from the dive centre down to the access platform, but certainly a strange entry / exit when you're kitted up and everyone else is, lets say au naturale! The walls are pretty good with plenty to see and some monsterous Groupers to play with. Skinaria Bay isn't too bad either, but fish life a little sparse. The north of the island was a little bland by comparisson and being more sandy, the visibility lower than the south. Bali Bay, near Rethymnon was ok, but fish life wasn't the best. Wherever you go in the Med, it'll never be on par with what you're used to in the far east!

I'm sure Kalypso Rock is nicer than this now as it was being renovated when I was there, but to give you an idea of what it's like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/Dazbo5/CRETE76.jpg

Darren
Thanks Darren,
Think that was the place we were thinking of trying, good to get a someone elses opion, Next Tuesday can't come quick enough.
Rob
Well finally got a dive in at Kalypso Rock last Friday, had a great dive and was pleasently surprise of how much marine life we saw, granted not to the same standard as the Red Sea or Tropics, but after reading loads of review that were saying it would be a waste of time diving in Crete I have to disagree, we dived with Kalyspo Diving from Rethymno, great bunch of bloke and very good and professional.

Rob
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.