Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:57 pm Post subject: Select France - camping pointe de st giles???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
Just wondered if anyone could give me any info about this place? Have booked through selct france a tent (one thats already there) for Aug. Is it true that the men have to wear trunks in the pool? Anyone recommend any places to eat out in Benodet? Local things to do? What is the beach like etc etc etc! Anything i should be taking especially!??? There will be 4 adults and 4 children (12, 9, 7 and 1) so any ideas appreciated. Thanks in advance

Trunks in the pool is very common outisde of the UK in fact it is mostly ONLY UK men who wear those silly shorts in the pool

Locally (I've not been to that part of Brittany) but Carnac is a special place ofr me so get there as often as I can I would suggest any of the fishing towns for eating out as the seafood is wonderful
If you like Oysters it's a fantastic place where you can get them by the KILO not prices individually a UK ripoff prices

Stuff to take --
Avon Skin so Soft dry oil spray -Woodland Fresh type as most of the campsites in Brittany that I've been to are in wooded areas and near water you need mosquito repellent and this is the best (the SASS use it so..........)
Also take plenty for the kids to do when it's raining as even a 15 foot square tent is a prison when it's chucking it down

places to visit I can't really recommend as I've not been this far north but if you don't mind the ride theres is Carnac and Quiberon about 25 miles south of you
Quimper (9 miles inland) is a good town for major shopping and chilling in street cafes

Hope that helps
Hi,
We too are going to the Point St Gilles On the 16th of August in our Trailer Tent. Have recieved some information from other sites and the feedback is on the majority good.There was some concern over the cleanliness of the toilet blocks but this was dispelled by some - apparently there is one near to the pool which is in constant use and is a problem.

Anything else please ask
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.