Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
hi welshchick i am goin a week tomorrow and we (myself 27, my fiancee 22, our daughter 6 and my future brother in law 14) are staying at the golden avenida suites, we are staying self catering but we have the option of upgrading to half board for a week (or 6 days i cant remember) but when we come back i will let you know what the hotel and food was like. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to the beach and is near plenty of night life (so ive heard but i will confirm this when i get back) we are flying from cardiff aswell which is nice as we live in cardiff. so i will post as soon as i get back on tuesday october 9th.
H10 hotels which one is the best near beach shops nightlife, clean, nice rooms, nice staff, nice pool and food x
Of the hotels you mentioned, I would choose the Hotel Las Vegas - its central to everything and is better than its 3* rating would suggest. 3 minutes from the beach (up/down hill), 2 minutes from nightlife.

The food is pretty good, the hotel is furnished to a high standard.

Its an international hotel and attracts people from all over europe.

The San Diego is more popular with the Brits but is a more basic hotel, its OK but not brilliant.

Salou Princess is also central to everything and very nice but I beleive the food isn't quite as good as the Las Vegas.

Salauris Palace is a 4* and is very good but its further from the beach and nightlife (10-15 minutes).

I would definately pick the Las Vegas, its the best option for the things you mentioned.

Mark
I would always opt for half board in Salou as the place is quite expensive.
i would definatley reccomend half board in salou the food out is discraceful and a waste of money we upgraded at golden avenida and it was wel worth the money you can upgrade when you get there for 6 days
Agree with cheesepasty, we go half board in Salou and can still get through £1500-£2000 in a fortnight for 2 adults 3 children.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.