Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
We go self catering, but end up eating out every night.

B&B is a really good option in Turkey. The breakfasts are basic (continental style with salamis, boiled eggs, olives, cheese, bread etc) but they do they job.

When we're in the villa we buy bread and cheese for lunch, but to be honest it's just as cheap to eat out and have a sandwich. Ditto going out for dinner.

The villa we hire is £560 a week (which doesn't include flights) - so a good choice if there are a few of you (there are six of us going) but expensive if you are a couple. You can get a one week break b&b in Hisaronu for around £250 per person through First Choice/Thomson which includes flights, breakfasts and transfers so if I were them, that's what I would do.

Hisaronu may be a little too hilly for her though so I'm sure others will be along in a while to recommend other areas :)
Thank you Gooorooo. Yes they are looking for somewhere around £300 which is not alot I know. I think they may have to revise upwards :yikes We have never been to Turkey so don't know the resorts at all.They would want a package rather than to travel independantly.I will tell her to have a look at Hisaronu.Hopefully someone will have a personal recommendation for apartments that they have been to.
We stayed at a great hotel in Olu Deniz last summer. It was called the Karbel hotel, (don't confuse with Karbel Sun or Karbel Beach). I've left my review here
It's the second one down at the moment.

Olu deniz was lovely but rather more pricey for eating out and drinks than other resorts.
If they want a nice flat resort then get them to have a look at Bitez, on the Bodrum Peninsula. There is some good SC accomodation there and they should be able to do it quite cheaply, my parents were there last year in June and in cost about £300 each but that was booking flights and accomodation separately,

There are lots of nice restaurants, shops and a few bars and if they want a lively night out they could go to Gumbet as it is just 5 minutes away.

Gumbet could be another option as long as they choose somewhere that is by the beach otherwise there are some hills there. They may find a cheaper package to Gumbet too. It is a livlier resort and more younger people go there.

It can be very cheap to eat out if they are on a budget. If they go to small local lokantas rather than toursit restaurants they will get good food at very good prices. There are also a couple of big supermarkets nearby so they could stock up on things for the apartment.

If you want to know any more about either resort please ask as I used to live out there for a few years.

Kedi
Get them to have a look at Dalyan or Turunc. Although the area is mountainous, both are flat resorts. Dalyan is bigger than Turunc, and has a lovely beach sometimes known as Turtle beach. The resort is in stunning surroundings on a river, and you have to get a boat to the beach.
Turunc is small and breathtakingly beautiful, with plenty of bars and restaurants. The main street is pedestrianised at night, and can get quite busy in the high season. Both have plenty of good self-catering accommodation.
The area around Olu Deniz and Hisaronu is known to be a bit more expensive and quite commercalised, but nice scenery.
Good luck, hope they have a great holiday.
Icmeler sounds the place for you as it is totally flat around the main part of the resort and does have some banks right at the back of the resort.
I have found it to be the cheapest resort for eating out and comparing it to other resorts seems to be the cheapest for sunbeds on the beach.2.50TL each which includes a sunshade.
There are lots of lovely restaurants to choose from and plenty of bars.
If you look on Icmeleronline.com there are loads of photos and videos of the resort.They are also a travel agent and have lots of hotels and apartments on their website.
We always travel with Thomas Cook or Thomson but there are lots of people who book independently.
Everyone has their favourite resort but as your daughter is a student her money will go a lot further in Icmeler.
Thank you to everyone who has been kind enough to reply. It seems there are a quite a few options for them to think about.I will pass on all the suggestions. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.