I visited Kefalonia this year booking flights and car hire myself but the villa through Agni travel. The villa was great but trouble with the location as an earlier item on this forum will explain. However upon arriving at villa found no promised tea making facilities or villa handbook with contact details. While I was out getting food the Agni rep' arrived but refused to enter the villa. We asked for a contact number and he stated it was at the bottom of the driving instructions (with me) which it wasn't and left in a hurry. About one hour later another couple arrived - we had been double booked! The tour operator of the other couple stated it was Agni's fault and I had no contact number except the villa owner who spoke no English. After spending the whole of the first day arguing the other couple agreed to go to a smaller villa. On the second day I stayed in expecting a resolution but heard and saw nothing in fact we had no contact again from Agni for the whole trip even though they knew of the problem. The owner gave us a number for them which was no longer in use. Three days from the end the hot water ran out and we still had no way of contacting Agni. The owner's 'phone was now switched off and even the laundry man was unable to contact him. I complained to Agni as soon as I arrived home and was told I should have complained before I left (difficult to do with no contact number) and an apology for the lack of hot water. I asked for some recompense for having the first 2 days of my holiday ruined (my 85 year old mother was in tears) and having no hot water for 20% of the holiday. Agni no longer reply. I have contacted the Telegraph advice line who sympathise but because Agni are not in this country state there is little I can do. The Agni website is almost the first one you get everytime you search Kefalonia but in my experience their service is the worst I have experienced anywhere and I would not advise anyone to use them.

PS Kefalonia was great!!