Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Oh dear - another one!

The difference between the two hotels is the board basis plus the fact that one of them is only supposed to have contracted with one English company when in fact they have contracted with more than one.

You will be told that you can use the facilities of both hotels but be aware that you will need 'tickets' to enable you to eat and drink at the Holiday.

The all inclusive is also another big bone of contention.

My advice, e-mail your company and keep ringing.
Thank you semsema for your reply... I decided not to take the chance in the end as the tour operator could not assure that I would stay at the cliff hotel... we changed to go to the Pyramisa now.... reports are not so good for that hotel either but im gonna take a chance.
Thanks again for answering.
Hi cerikr,

I had the same worry when we went to Sharm Cliff over xmas and new year, there was no mention of moving us to the sham holiday resort, the staff was pleasant got the usual orange juice and the porter Mohammad insisted on taking the bags to the other side of the pool and up stairs without help, (no easy feat if you tried to lift my case) I heard about others being told this, it was usually large fully inclusive bookings, One group came back and insisted they had booked Sharm Cliff so they better find them rooms, they did.

We heard that the problem was that Sharm Cliff was not geared up for fully inclusive (we were half board) and had only officially offered this since Dec. they had a lot to learn, but I assure you they wanted to learn. they stopped giving beer in plastic cups and gave bottles instead, all water is bottled. (they don't offer wine because it is all local produced and Wine is not produced in Egypt) They listened and responded to all reasonable complaints. However this hotel is small by resort standard, but it is so close to Naama Bay, (down steps, not landscape not fully developed yet, but the climb back up at 3am can be hard,) taxis longer but cheap and there is a last shuttle bus at 11pm.

The staff on the whole were great, beware though, some cannot fully understand but nod and say yes. Moody the entertainment (animation) leader was great fun We called him Ronaldenio due to his likeness to the footballer. My son went to nightclubs with him and other staff. Sam the photographer will make you's look like film stars in his pictures. (Whiz with Photoshop)

The hotel is very clean you can go to a loo at 3am, it will be clean with toilet paper, we never got any funny tummy trouble. the chemist across the road at the bottom of the steps is very good if you do, I don't advise any other. bedding was changed regularly (not daily as others have said) and towels are white fluffy and plentiful and come in all shapes. May I advise against tipping room staff at beginning of holiday or during (which we did) because our 2nd last day we had to find them for towels and beds not made, their loss, we would have left more money. T

The food is nearly the same each night, and the food was uncovered but, by the end of the fortnight is was all covered and only lifted off when required, which stopped the "foods cold complaints". At breakfast their is a cook cooking fresh omelettes/fried eggs, and ask for the bread to be toasted, In the evening, the same station will offer fresh pasta dishes. The room service food is much better, eating in Naama Bay is cheap. (However TGI Friday, food cheap -ordered Margaritas not on menu to drink, 4 cost £32.00 sterling) Hard Rock Cafe, eat at bar, burgers large, cheap and Great. Egyptian restaurants offer great steak and seafood.

We met some wonderful people in this hotel who I will keep in touch with and also in Naama Bay holiday makers very friendly and helpful. The Italians are great, just keep saying footballers names, laughter all round. but look out for the shop keepers touts, they go for the British but you get wise to them.

The hotel invited us to a Xmas Eve night and pulled out the stops for New Year, even heard comment like - the best New Year Ever.

We visited the Sharm Holiday resort 2 times, Got conned by the guy in the perfume/oils shop. on our 2nd day I will write your name in Arabic, hard to leave, offered to buy some oil just to get out, he mixed it with 3/4 carrier oil then asked for £50 sterling. needless to say he didn't get it but ended up (because of his sudden lack of English and me not wanting arrested) paying £15.00 for oil to massage my feet with. Visited the fitness suite, quite dirty. We went to their night club another night it had about 6 people there, prices inflated and I had to visit toilet- dirty and no paper, this hotel is older and doesn't seem so well cared for.

I must mention Hassan in the Bedouin tent, great place to cool down at end of evening, I did not take to the pipe but he will make a nice cup of tea or you can take your own drink, tip him well, he is putting his wife through Uni.

Down side of the hotel, the pools were not heated, but great hang over cure. Too many Russians, they are very rude, a couple form Alexandria we met on a trip to Tirain Island described them best. they have no social skill, I was told after the bombings, the Russian govmt did a deal with the Egyptian govmt. offering cheap (very cheap)package deals. the agreement runs out in 2 years, the Egyptians don't want to continue, but are being pressured to by Russians. (this is a down side to the whole of Sham el Sheik).

This is a hotel that I will go back to. Enjoy your holiday, I don't think you will be asked to move. I probably gave more than you asked for, but I really enjoyed my stay at Sharm Cliff.
we went to the sharm cliff hotel in March of this year . Like you we were worried we might be moved as these were the only reviews we read.
I can only tell you that we had a great time the hotel is clean the staff were lovely and the food always to a high standard. We are going to go back there. The hotel is on a cliff overlooking the bay far enough away so as not to be disturbed by noise but so near to everything within a few minutes you can walk to everything or catch the free bus. Hope this helps
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.