Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Is that hotel the one at Ras um Sid? If so it was next to the hotel I was at this year (renaissance golden view beach- fab place). There is a really good restaurant called the El Fanar or lighthouse that you can walk to although its a bit dearer than most but you save 60 LE on the cab fare I guess.

Prices of meals vary a bit in NB depending on what you have, but we were a family of 4 and it never cost much more than 30ish sterling, that was eating meat, chicken, fish etc, plus a couple of icecreams. If you ate spag bol, pizzas etc it's even cheaper.

That prices dosen't include loads of alcohol though. Just a large Sakara, large bottled water and a coke or fruit juice. (gosh we sound boring :oops: ) I guess if you hit the cocktails it could mount up.

The price of a cab to NB from Ras um sid was about 30 LE each way.

Sorry can't help with diving.

Have fun, Doe :D
Have not stayed at the Hilton so can't comment. Who are you using to dive? there may be a dive centre at the Hilton in which case you could mix house reef diving with boat diving.
Most of the dive boats leave around 8-8.30. It depends whether you are doing the local sites or tiran, Ras Mo. how long you are away for. whatever, the pace is quite leisurely. you normally do one dive in the morning, have lunch, brush up the tan then have another dive in the afternoon. Sometimes it is possible to get a third dive in.
Andy
thanks for the feedback.

The dive centre is ocean dive, so should be good, Ive been told by the centre that it's a whole day on the boat with lunch, so may need to see if I can get the missus on the boat as well (to do some snorkling)
We have stayed at the Waterfalls

The breakfast is good
as is the poolside restaurant (open air not the building)

but El Fanar is clsoe enough to walk expensive but OK as long as you have every course offered don't miss one as you will still be hungry

You can walk into the Old Town it's about a mile and a half but taxi's are cheap
Outside the Waterfall is Fantasia where there are a few restaurants and bars and the show insode is better than the one in the waterfalls and there is good food too

There is a supermarket about 300 yards away from the hotel but it's basic with tinned stuff only

We DID try the speciality restaurant but felt it lacked something --good food

We did enjoy the Tapanyaki in Naama Bay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.