Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
I would say with the strength of the Euro these days it would work out quite expensive in Tenerife..although it will still be warm and it is always lively in PDLA or LC.

I think I would go to Egypt..and Sharm has plenty to offer you by way of nightlife, especially in Naama Bay. Egypt is much cheaper than Euroland at the minute but on my last visit, I changed my currency over there as I still got over £10LE to £1 English whereas over here, the rate was barely £9LE.

Egypt at that time should be warm in the day but cooling off at night..slightly warmer than Tenerife I would say but not alot in it. I have been to both Egypt and Tenerife in November and found little difference in temperature.
Hi Justval,

Thank you for your reply. it was a great help. :)
hi laysha
we were real tenerife fans-went 11 times-before the euro got so strong.been to sharm 3 times,going for our 4th october.choose a good a/i and then go to naama bay a few times for a night out.food is cheap,drinks arnt too bad,still cheaper than here,if you dont go for imported brands.we never felt threatened or hassled.weather guaranteed,whats not to like?!
Thanks for your reply, Really fancy sharm, but had a quick look, its seems a lot more expensive to get there than tenerife, it seems quite cheap to get to pdla but expensive when you get there, and expensive to get to sharm, but cheap when you get there, swings and roundabouts really, what do you all think? :que
If you have a look at wunderground.com you will be able to check out the history of temperatures in both Sharm and Tenerife in previous years.
take a look on the tenerife forum and there is a thread on prices.i did this last september when we wanted a last minute week away.i found the prices had really gone up since we last went,although we hadnt been for 5 years.we ended up booking a week in majorca.the holiday was £500 for both of us half board,which was good but we spent £400 just on lunches and drinking out in the evenings.the weather was very mixed too (september).we have been to tenerife in november and had lovely weather and in may and had 2 weeks overcast.not been to sharm in november so cant comment on the weather then.
laysha
had a look on the tenerife forum,page 2 "has tenerife become really expensive?" lots of opinions on this thread about the price of eating and drinking out.if you can get a good deal for half board then it wouldn't be so expensive.we have never stayed in a hotel in tenerife where the food was bad.
Egypt every time, guarantee the weather and the people are fantastic!

Godd luck

Kazee x
I agree... I couldnt think of going anywhere else now for a holiday.
Definately Sharm. I went to Tenerife once (playa de las americas)! Worst holiday ever, really over cast weather for the whole week in July, and loads and loads of people selling time share! Hubby and I went to Egypt 2 years ago, it was awesome. Gorgeous seas, brilliant for snorkelling e.t.c. Lovely people too. We found plenty of restauraunt and bars e.t.c :cheers We'll definately go back sometime. :tup. Really cheap too, especially taxis, their version of air con mind is having no windows in the cars :rofl .
Oops forgot you can't abbreviate on here. It's meant to say air conditioning!!! :)
Ah... so thats why the question marks come up!
Ive just got back from Tenerife and loved it. The weather was scorchio all week and the hotel was superb. But it was very expensive!! Me and my girlfriend spent a small fortune in a week there. I would defo go back but maybe when the pound goes back up to strength.

Im not going to Sharm until next year so sadly cant comment on that.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.