Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Gray

I have been to Hurghada 10 times against Sharm 4 times and have usually found Hurghada to be MUCH cheaper than Sharm. Have you tried looking at http://www.redseaholidays.co.uk?

Hurghada is not to everyone's taste - in some parts of the city there are unfinished, abandoned buildings which as someone else has said makes it look like Beirut without the bombs. It does not have the sanitised feel of Sharm. If an important part of a holiday is to be surrounded by fellow Brits this is not the place to be as British are very much in the minority.

Unfortunately, unlike Sharm few hotels have house reefs so good snorkelling is available mainly via boat trips. However, of all the hotels I have stayed in Egypt (minimum 4*, all highly rated on review sites) the Grand Resort in the pedestrianised Village Road area remains my favourite by far.

Regards, Caro
Just checked out the firm Caro

Where do you find them cheaper ??

for the time period we are looking for AI in Hurghada is over £100 MORE expensive than Sharm and Cyprus is even cheaper

and the Grand is over £100 dearer for B&B

So thanks for the pointer but the search continues
Hi, admit had not looked specifically at your time period but just going on past experience as one who regularly checks out Egypt holidays. Must have too much time on my hands :(. Thomas Cook for example often offers hotels in Hurghada at a fraction of the price of comparable hotels in Sharm.

Regarding Red Sea Holidays the company appears to also use 'bookers' which can be found on teletext hols and prices seem to come down the nearer you get to the holiday.

Good luck with your search, hope you find what you're looking for.

Regards, Caro
Better diving from Hurghada would be my first thought. Have no idea about the hotel prices any more as we stopped doing it and now concentrate on liveaboards. We then miss the madness of the jetty at Naama bay.

Maybe Hurghada is considered a little more exclusive (don't know why as it looks like a bomb site in places)..or maybe becuase it is in mainland Egypt rather than on the Sinaii peninsula???

Good luck with your search...and sorry I am of neither use nor ornament to you!
have you had a look on direct holidays web-site, i found it cheaper than thomas cook, even though part of thomas cook.

sue
Justval wrote:
Better diving from Hurghada would be my first thought. Have no idea about the hotel prices any more as we stopped doing it and now concentrate on liveaboards. We then miss the madness of the jetty at Naama bay.
Good luck with your search...and sorry I am of neither use nor ornament to you!

I personally would probably go for liveaboard if I was ONLY diving but SWMBO wants sunbeds and shops and prefers walk-ins (especially after a brilliant Cyprus holiday just ) so we are searching

bamburghsue wrote:
have you had a look on direct holidays web-site, i found it cheaper than thomas cook, even though part of thomas cook.
sue

Sue ta for that will check 'em out when I get out of bed tonight
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.