Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
shooting club?
6 Posts
Unlikely I am afraid.

Airguns have a select and dedicated following in North Goa, of which I was one when living there, but any shooting takes place at home.

Second hand European guns change hands at ridiculously high prices, many times those in UK, and new guns are about 50% dearer. Good quality ammunition is also hard to come by. CO2 and compressed air guns are virtually unheard of, and underlever is favoured as the locals seem to find break-barrels difficult.

Indian guns are rubbish, and still quite expensive............... no surprise there then!

There is a dealer/enthusiast at Porvorim but he seems to move premises with astonishing frequency, he would know if anything has started recently. His sister, Mildred is married to the Irwin, owner of a small resort on the road from Falcon towards the beach, opposite Rodrigues Restaurant, can't remember the name but she would know.

Otherwise, in Panjim, near "the designer shops" is a small gun shop, just ask, and he might know.

Al;so most Goan politicians and their cronies seem to be in possession of a small arsenal, but not airguns, lol

Oh love it, the system will not let me put a r s e n a l , is it run by a Millwall fan?
There's a shooting club in Karaswada (outskirts of Mapusa), I think it's just air rifles they do. I went in once to have a look, but can't remember much as it was 4/5 years ago.
Oh love it, the system will not let me put a#senal , is it run by a Millwall fan?

:que NO it's simply the automatic swear censor in the system preventing the word being posted.
Sorry, didn't realise a r s e n a l is a swear word.

Some government systems will not allow Scunthorpe either :really
Wow, it seems Wifey and i are some sort of loners really :cry ha. We like scuba diving... hardly any available round Goa due to murky conditions and strong currents, plus we like abit of horse riding.... it seems thats quite rare too, most Goans think you are talking about horse racing. :(
Perhaps its because Goans have little time for pastimes or hobbies, what with the Monsoon taking up the time of year that there are no tourists around.
Oh well looks like we will just have to sit in the sun and sizzle :sun2 ha

Gaz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.