UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
Having explored the north how about the "west country" which would take in Devon/cornwall/somerset maybe dorset for your next visit. im sure you could take in the cotswolds as well :D have a look here
http://www.westcountrynow.co.uk. this area is generally milder than the rest of the UK. My personal favourite would be Devon. :D .

for the cotswolds area maybe have a look here. http://www.visitcotswoldsandsevernvale.gov.uk/history/index.asp. this area would be nearer to stansted airport. maybe 1/2 hours

lyn
Norfolk and Suffolk. Southwold, Aldburgh, Norfolk Broads etc
I agree with lynwestie! The Cornwall coastline is absolutely breathtaking, and there's so much to admire and enjoy inland as well. There are plenty of traditional picturesque fishing villages, the most famous of which is called St Ives, which is gorgeous, plus there are lovely old castles and some stunning cliffside walks. Devon has some truly beautiful locations as well :)

enjoy!
Hello
Thank you very much for all your tips - I realise this trip won't be our last - and this time we will be touring the Cotswold. Have found a great little hotel in Cirencester - and with a base there - we will be able to go to both oxford - strafford - stonehenge - and also just explore the small villages in the cotswold area.
The fleece hotel in Cirencester seems to be an ideal place - anyone know the town and or the hotel - Would appreciate any tips ...

thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.