Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi, we were there at Easter for three weeks and yes the prices have gone up a bit, taxis are a lot more expensive and the drivers do try it on! Music has been stopped after 10pm on the beach but there are still places to party theres a new club in Candolim cant remember what its called - sorry, Mambos & Tito's is still going strong and the Hilltop. The police were getting quite heavy with the shacks towards the end of the season but the shacks will be back next season and so will we for Christmas & New Year, we were there last Christmas and had a fantastic time, dont be put off by all the bad press a lot of things reported have always been there they just wern't aired so publicly. I think most of police activity was a public show due to all the publicity, I am sure once everything has calmed down normal beach life will resume (well I hope so anyway!)
things have gone up a little, but our earnings have gone more!!!! i don't see it as a problem, its still very cheap compare3d to our country!!!
BOB :tup :wave: :bling
Wonderful - get rid of the loud music after 10 in residential areas - get rid of Kareoke in Goa and it could go back to being the wonderful holiday resort it used to be. Beach during the day and go back to the shacks or restaurants in the evening - lots of music and fun with the staff when they liked us and we liked them. We used to watch films at some shacks in the evening and have a good meal then stay up with the staff having a laugh. All this has gone now much to the detriment of Goa and I might say I blame some of it on the Brits who have come here and opened sports bars - all day breakfasts bars etc - I hate them and wish they would all go back to where they came from. But Goans have let them come and do it.
Hi :wave:
If you want
We love nightlife, partys discos etc

best to stay up north IMO

x lassi
Wonderful - get rid of the loud music after 10 in residential areas - get rid of Kareoke in Goa and it could go back to being the wonderful holiday resort it used to be. Beach during the day and go back to the shacks or restaurants in the evening - lots of music and fun with the staff when they liked us and we liked them. We used to watch films at some shacks in the evening and have a good meal then stay up with the staff having a laugh. All this has gone now much to the detriment of Goa and I might say I blame some of it on the Brits who have come here and opened sports bars - all day breakfasts bars etc - I hate them and wish they would all go back to where they came from. But Goans have let them come and do it.

What he said. :tup
I'm not too bothered about the prices going up it happens everywhere in the world not just goa but it wouldn't be the same holiday if we felt we where being ripped off. don't mind a bit of inflation but if the price of everything doubled it would still be cheap but don't feel its justified and the beer wouldn't taste the same!!!

I agree that there should be quiet areas where people can relax but i also think that no music in shacks after 10 pm isn't the answer. if you want the tv and quiet life go down south as people have said but in the likes of candolim and calengute where there are people like me who like both the party scene and also quiet nights with a book or a bit of tv now i have to go to a club or disco if i want to hear some music after a few drinks!!!

and whats the matter with all day breakfast bars??? after a night on the ale i might want a breakfast in the afternoon when i get up! i'm not into indian food for beakfast cant beat a bit of sausage and egg with a hangover!!! Think people need to lighten up about this "old goa and how it used to be" bit of bacon in the afternoon and a few people having a laugh cant really have changed things that much... Other than maybe more money invested in a poor country...
if anyone reading can remember that name of the new club in candolim and what its like pls reply... thanks
The Candolim club may be called Pharohs or something similar
It was closed end of Jan begging of Feb due to noise and licensing issues but from the outside looked ok. However I was told it was mainly used by Russians - but again cannot confirm or deny
Pharoah's is above Living Jewels, just past the road junction to Panjim going towards Sinquerim.

Harry (from Living Jewels) told us he'd heard that the food was good there but we didn't try it.
I thought it was still open when we were there mid Feb to 9th March but as we went in November as well, I might have got the dates mixed up.
I think it was predominately used by Russians.
just booked...

been pondering on it for a few weeks now and feel it will have calmed down by the time we get there for new year 08...

osborne resort again, calangute...

thanks for your replies...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.