Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi okitsme

I think your boys will be fine in Goa and it will be a really good look into a different culture for them. I'm sure they'll quickly make friends with the local boys too.

Sounds to me like Baga would be the ideal location for you, especially if its your first time in Goa. Lots of hustle and bustle, lots of nightlife, plenty going on but still has the busy beaches of european resorts. Its a bad idea if you dont like being pestered though (you soon get used to it), you would be better off further south.

Hope this helps :) :)
Hi okitsme.

I'm taking my 16-year old daughter next Easter and my criteria was similar to yours. Chill, food, night life and a nice clean room.

It will be my first time and I spent ages asking loads of questions of the good folks of this forum, got loads and loads of help and I have now booked two weeks at the Marinha Dourada near to Baga.

I'll let you look around but do have a look at that one.

Iain
Hi okitsme
We went to Goa for first time earlier this year. Took our 14 year old daughter with us. She says we are definately going back again. Once you're used to the initial shock its a great time.
Hi okitsme,

My only concern would be for you all, as first timers Is,
It is getting very hot in April but if you like it that way go for it.

Good luck & Enjoy

Dajen
Agree - sure you will love Goa but not sure April is the best time to visit. November to March is best! :D
Agree with Roma, we normally go over Christmas and New Year, this year we squeezed in another holiday at the end of March - the humidity was much higher, still lovely but it is a consideration.
Thanks for the comments it has given me food for thought

I agree that in an ideal world April probably wouldn't be best but we're constrained by school holidays so "Essex Easter" it has to be. (Essex Easter is 2 weeks after actual Easter as far as school holidays in Essex are concerned. Something to do with keeping the 2 halves of spring term equal). :roll:

When you say hot ! how hot are we talking? We've done the Caribbean, Thailand, Egypt etc and we've all coped well with plenty of drinks how would Goa compare heat wise ?

What we were looking for was a destination for that time of year at a reasonable cost, Goa seemed to tick all the boxes.

The boys are quite excited that they may be going to India and we thought it could be quite an experience for them ( although they're not keen on the Jabs :) )

I'm still very tempted and it's got to be better than April showers here in the UK so I may well bite the bullet, I do like the look of the Marinha and the Thomas Cook price looks good so resistance may be futile .

Thanks again
Thoughtful Rog :wink:
April :roll: It's not so much the heat as the humidity that can be a problem, it is for me anyway :roll: Days on the beach are fine as there is usually a breeze but out of the breeze it can be very "sticky" Obviously if your room has a/c that's a big bonus as the evenings can be hot too. Many restaurants now have fans so that helps. Should be wall to wall sunshine though and a good pick you up after the British winter.
Dead right - it's the humidity that gets to you. If you do go - make sure you have air conditioning.
Again agree, not so bad during the daytime especially if you are on the beach, it's evening/night time when the humidity gets you, which you can cope with as long as you have the AC on in the room and a convenient fan at the restaurant/bar. At Christmas time we never worry about AC at all, preferring to use just the ceiling fans.
Rog, in April it's Bangkok-type humidity but if your room has a/c you should be fine. There's a good breeze on the beach to make things bearable.
Many thanks for that Katie, Bangkok Humidity is something I can relate to, Hopefully without the traffic pollution though :shock:

One thing, the heat and humidity does make that cold beer taste even better :wink: I think we will be fine, just need to keep the fluid levels up

Anyway it's too late now, WE'VE BOOKED :D :D :D (yes we have A/C)

Thanks everyone for the good advice, it really is very much appreciated.

Stand by for for loads of questions over the next 6 months :lol: (apologies in advance)

Cheers
Sweaty Rog :wink:
Okitsme
which resort did you decide on eventually ?
No need to answer that ! just saw the answer in a different post.
hi there,
Have been helped by the site in the past and would hope that we have helped others too. We have now decided that we are gonna go back again at the end of March 2008. We have stayed each time before at the Marina Dourada (Wonderful hotel!!!) and even tho that is well priced we are now looking to do North Goa on the cheap.
We feel confident enough to do that and we have a friendly taxi driver who we will gladly mention on request complete with his contact details. Can anyone recommend anywhere that they have stayed ie Baga ,Candolim,Calangute and preferably NOT on the main roads. Cleanliness ,friendliness of the staff and near to the Beach are important criteria. Happy to pass on any info that any of you may want.
Thanx :wink: :wink: :wink:
Helen & Clive there are a couple of appartments above Lazy Days which we looked at last year, and they were nice.We have stayed at the M.D for the last 5 years and dont know if we could go to Goa and not stay there :roll: We have'nt looked at prices for Feb this year as we may be off to Oz in Jan (just as a matter of interest does anyone know roughly what the cost is for 3 wks at M.D from Man 7th Feb) just in case the Oz trip falls through...? thanks Keith
Search Kingstork on Holiday Street they are new ,there are just 12 rooms but the resort looks good,we have booked for next Feb
Ann :lol:
So there is still i chance you will be at MD then, KJF!! :glynis
Still A chance even! :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.