Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
theres a hypnotisit called paul who does shows in stalis, there are video bars and maybe one or two of the bars have some live greek performers but not too often.
You won't find culture in that area. It's one of the most touristy and down market areas of Crete.
ouzo i think you are judging these areas a little to harshly. For instance have you really delved into Malia Old town, you will find one or two lovely little bars where tourists never visit, where you get to see the real locals dancing and chatting away, one such bar I would visit regulary and got to know the locals quite well.
Also Malia Palace? Ok its not Knossos but it has its attractions and historic interest.

Stalis and Hersonissos are the same, venture into the older part of these areas or into the mountains and you will find it less than trashy, more charming and welcoming. Krassi, Mohos, Lassithi to name a few.

Dont knock these areas based on what you see at first glance, go and explore. In fact if you visit Malia during the months of April you will find it devoid of tourists and kids and very nice, especially if you catch the Easter celebrations.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.