Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
sidari in august
11 Posts
Going to Sidari on 22nd August, been last 3 years.

Restaurants - Memories, 3 Little Pigs, Maddisons, Sea Breeze, Roof Top, China Town, Cactus Jack, and of course McDonalds - LOL!

Bars - loads - Shakers, premier Bar, Red Lion, Palazzo's Bar, Falkon Bar, Ceasers, loads and loads, all excellent.

Sidari is brillient and all very friendly, lovely people, and I cannot wait for 22nd August 2008 to come around.

Hope this helps.

tina
Temperatures are very high as well 35+ most days in august, sometimes you get thunderstorms as well, just the odd one's though, but always good weather we have had and we have been going last 3 years end of august and its always been brillient weather, one day last year it was cloudy and dull in the morning with spitting of rain then around 2pm, brillient sunshine and hot again. :)
we are thinking of going to sidari 2009 could you recommend where to stay, there will be 5 families all with 13yr old boys
i have tried now 3 times to reply to you, long replies as well and they will not put it on for some reason?
Try Sidari Village - stayed there in 2006 its great, all inclusive or self catering, we went self catering as we like to eat out in the many fantastic restaurants in Sidari.

We stayed last year and going again in August 2008 to the Lagoon Studio's and Apartments, brillient, staff great, pool etc brillient, basic rooms, like most parts of greece, although they have baths, which is a rarity in greece.

Also try Mimosa, just opposite Lagoon and 3 Brothers.

Also for quieter part of Sidari if you dont want the noise, not that is noisey as we never hear nothing, probably something to do with the wine that - LOL, try the Canal d'mur area, its about 5 to 10 minute walk into the main strip of sidari, but beautiful and bars and restaurants there as well.

Hope this helps

Tina
Teena
if you take too long writing a response it will time out.. write it in windows word [or similar] copy then past to the forum

wizard
If your coming from Sidari centre towards Canal D'amour go straight past the 3 little pigs and try Sailors. We ate there loads of times when we stayed and it's brill. Also The saxaphone bar has a cliff top restaurant where you can sit,eat, listen to the sea and watch the sun go down
I went to Sidari over 15 years ago so I'm expecting some changes. This visit is merely a week as we had a holiday earlier in the year and have been ploughing money into the house.
Corfu offers many beautiful places to visit, some of which can be reached by bus others needing a car or excursion. We hired a car and travelled along the north coast stopping at Roda which at the time was reasonably quiet and on to Kassiopi which is definitely worth a visit. There's plenty of beaches worth visiting on the east coast including Ag Stefanos, Kalami, Nisaki, Ypsous. However on the west coast is Kefali the fantastic panorama of Paleokastritsa which I fell in love with, must be that Canal d' amour back in Sidari that did that!
There are some nice places to be found on the outskirts of Sidari. OK, it may be a 15/20 minute walk to the centre (or about 5 euros in a taxi) but that is more than made up for in the lack of noise pollution and the fact that you are surrounded by green countryside rather than other apartments. Check out the road to Magoulades. An example is at http://www.sidariluxuryapartments.com.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.