Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Sihanoukville
6 Posts
This is hopefully my next agenda so interested how you get on with the planning, and to any useful information,

Looking to do KL on the way, and take in Phnom penh and Siem Reap with 2-3 weeks in Sihanoukville but which way round and how tbc

Mids
Had 10 nights in Sihanoukville in nov 2007 and really enjoyed it, not at all built up totally relaxing. Night life is mainly around the beach shack's apart from one small road with a few bar's on, there are a couple of small supermarket's but no shop's or market's that sell all that touristy stuff. We stayed in the Golden Sand's hotel which was OK but there was alot of nice guest house's around that were newly built the only down side to them is that they have no pool. We are heading back there this Nov before it get's to commercialized.
We've booked for 7 nights at Reef Resort which has a pool Sheppo.

Did you go across to Bamboo Island? Approx 45 minutes away by boat. We're looking to staying there for a night or two too. ;)
No Betty did not go over to Bamboo Island but have it planned for this year. When are you heading off there would'nt mind knowing what the Reef Resort was like I have looked at that one it has some good read up's, we spent alot of time at night in the Banana bar next door to it.
;) Will let you know...we're off there in March.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image