Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
In Jan 09 there was a lending library situated in the room where the TV & pool tables are.

GM06
Ian
Yes Del Ian is right they have lots of books in where the TV is ..can any of you gents remember how much silver sands charge for the lend of a fridge pr day please ....colleen
When we had one of the "superior rooms" in the block at the back left of the hotel the fridge (minibar)was included in the price.

GM06
Ian
I always remember the Silver Sands Library, there were literally hundreds of books :tup
I "borrowed" one from the Phoenix park last year, only to find , once on the beach, that it was in German/Dutch :(
Had a little Pm from GM06 the lucky so and so is going on a trip to jaipur today but bless him he took the time to find out for us all how much a fridge is at silver sands
Ian wrote
superior rooms have a fridge or free all other rooms 100 roops per night
thanks so much Ian..
Are you off to Silver Sands again Colleen?
No shirley not to feb 2011 we did hire a fridge the last time we went but could not remember how much it was so I was really just asking to see of anyone else can remember ...
Which hotel are you going to next then Colleen , I can't keep up with you :rofl
:rofl Going to the Calona Santa Braganze..(sp) shirley we got it for not much over £100 for the 2 weeks and that is B&B for the both of us so at not more than £50 each it will do just fine ..its in a great spot and it will be handy to everything ..we called round to see the rooms in November and we were more than happy with it ...colleen
Hi all.... myself and my partner stayed at Silver Sands in March 2007 & 2008, both times we had a superior room which were the bright colour buildings at the back of the resort, and we are going again this March staying in a superior room.

I have just been looking at some pictures/reviews that people have posted of their Superior Rooms on TA and they are not the same, it looks as though overlook Beach Road.... can anyone tell me if they have changed the hotel round? What are the superior rooms like now?

When were last there none of the rooms overlooked Beach Road.....

:(
P.s. Sorry to hijack your thread Del....
Part of the Silver Sands hotel is on the Beach Road, opposite the Sports Bar and they are attached to the Aangara restaurant, I had a look at those rooms once and they were lovely, this block is the newest part of the hotel.
Hi ShirlyV.... I know exactly where you mean (love Angara), when we were there that block looking out on to the Beach Road was never anything to do with SS... hmmmm, now I'm confused are they also superior rooms as well as the coloured buildings? Is there a chance I could be in one of them? I've tried emailing SS but have had no reponse.....

It isn't a problem if I am in one of them.... I'd just like to know...

Also, worrying me is that I have read on TA, that people who had orginally paid for Superior Rooms were being told by First Choice there had been a mix up and they no longer had a superior room :cry .... I might phone them........
Last week we were getting 73.7 Rs / £ at the ATM. :(
Maybe I should have started me own thread .... sorry
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.