Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
just go to the hotel yourself.
As you have a while in Singapore you might like to do a half day tour of the city on your first day. It will help you decide what you want to go back to and is quite interesting. Chinatown is a "must". Little India is also good. We enjoyed the zoo during the day and also the Bird Park. Loved the Battle Box- but it doesn't look as if you would like it :lol:
Funnily enough- the best bit about Sentosa we thought was Fort Siloso. Fascinating place but maybe not for you either! Parts of Sentosa are "naff" to be honest, if you don't have kids but there was plenty we found interesting as well.
Re a river cruise would you say a river cruise during the day either morning or high tea would be better than one in the evening???

Gill x
The Botanical Gardens are worth a visit, they are free, though the last time I visited you had to pay to enter the Orchid Garden part.
I would take a trip on the Singapore River/Harbour in a bum boat from Boat Quay rather than a cruise that includes a meal, you will get better value eating from one of the many restaurants or hawker stalls in town.
I took the bum boat during the day and it was an interesting way to spend around an hour. Friends took the boat in the evening and said the lights around the river were something to see.
I always used to enjoy a walk round the Haw Par Villa (Tiger Balm Gardens) though not sure what state thay are in these days.
never been there Sunbear. Will have a look the next time we go.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.