Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Sissi
11 Posts
there are a few lovely bars and restaurants in the harbor and we noted a few with entertainment,cant comment on type or quality as we walked to the harbor for quiet drinks and food

wizard
The resort is nice. Stayed at the Sissi Rock Apartments some years ago and loved it. Its not full of the usual teenage fools ripping about on scooters. The harbour is nice with a fair amount of places to eat.
you wont get bungie jumping or banana floats here, its simply a nice place to chill.
Thank you both, it sounds just what I am looking for -

A good chill out in the daytime with some nice places to walk to and stop for a drink, then have a meal and a bottle of wine or two at night!

I am hoping to try Meze (?), eating lots of different food for a couple of hours appeals to me.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply.

Clareski :D
Hi, we are going to crete on 7th october 2005 we've been before but in the summer. Just wonsering what the weather will be like, will we be able to sunbathe, swim in the pools and sea? If there is a shower does it last all day or is it usually a quick shower
Well, I have gone ahead and booked to stay at the Koutrakis Apartments leaving on 14 October.

Anyone been here before and can recommend and good places to eat or drink around the area? Also any day trips which should not be missed for a first timer in Crete.
Try and get up into the mountains. Its a totally different world up there. I would also recommend a trip to Knossos, its fascinating.
Hello,we've booked for next August to have a holiday in Sissi,can anyone give me any info/opinions please?Trip/food/beer prices,nightlife,bars clubs tavernas etc,all info would be much appreciated!
Thanks in anticipation.
Ginger
Hi GINGERWILDCAT,
It's a few years since we went to Sissi but we found it to be a very quiet resort with not much going on.
There seemed to be one "nightclub" that we went to a few times but it was usually only me and my husband in there ( mind you,we did go there in October ).
If you're after a nice relaxing holiday, a meal at night and a few drinks then I think you'll be fine in Sissi but if you want to go clubbing then Malia isn't too far away.We used to get a taxi there and it didn't cost too much.

Hope this helps.
Sissi is a quiet little fishing village- perfect if you want to be away from the clubs, loud music etc of Malia and so on. There are some good beaches within walking distance as well
There are some fantastic restaurants, the italian on the harbour is very good, the pizzas are huge though- be warned!

If you fancy getting out of town hire a car- SOP car hire recommended, and get out into the mountains, onto the plateau is very good, great restaurants up tehre, the Dekion cave worth a trip too.
Just back from wonderful week at Vasia beach in Sissi.Weather was hot and sunny most of week ,had huge thunderstorm on Sunday night, which I believe devastated parts of Greece.Monday was beautiful again though,I think the weather is becoming more changeable over the next few weeks so take a jacket for evenings.
Sissi is lovely quiet village with gorgeous harbour with bars with stunning views and further along great places to eat on covered deckings right on the waters edge...bliss.Had great steak and massive Pizza at mama mias was yummy!!! Asked for box to take the other half of the pizza home it was so big! Sissis is the place for couples if you have teens forget it! We loved it.Beaches areabout 15 minute walk along the front though being All Inclusive at the vasia I was content to stay by the pool and enjoy the great food and perfectly acceptable wine and spirits.Great hotel, especially September/October not many children.Sissi Arms great for late night drink and bop to some good music.
All in all we enjoyed a stressfree week in the sun in Sissi...we did venture out to knossos on the 915 bus to Heraklion...leaves for return at 3pm dont miss it.Car hire advisable loads to chose from but greek roads bit hairy!!!
Sissi is beautiful but very quiet...was bliss actually!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.