Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Skala Help
6 Posts
I'm afraid Skala main street is quite steep if you have a problem with your knee, but most tavernas, shops and bars are at the bottom end, and the steepness should only be a problem if your accomodation is heading up past there. If your place is along the front you should manage OK if you don't want to go for long walks. I take it that, with a name like Tara Beach it will be on the front. I also have knee issues and when we went to Skala I also had a pulled muscle in my calf, but though our accomodation was on a hill. I managed by taking it easy. The beach is a doddle!

There was an upside to the struggle. OH decided we would have to hire a car for a week of the holiday, which made such an amazing difference to where we could go that we always have a car now! And it is a stunning island, though Skala is not the nicest area.

We have been to Pargs on the mainland too, and a lot of the accomodation there means a climb. We had a car then too. Fantastic. I don't think it was any more expensive than anywhere else. The days of Greece being a cheap destination have long passed.
thank you that has answered a lot lol well definitely want to go Kefalonia have been wanting to go there for years lol. So depending on the 2012 prices Kefalonia here I come lol
Enjoy it, it's a beautiful island, and please get out and about if you can, it's really worth the effort. It is one of the few places we want to return to....even though my knees have got worse!! :rofl
its steep but not a big village so once you have walked up the main road (about 5 mins at my pace) you are done.
We stayed at the Tara Beach last July for 2 weeks and totally loved it (more than we loved Skala in fact which was fine but a bit lacking character). Basic but beautiful gardens and the best position of all the hotels in the village in my opinion. A more genuine Greek experience than other hotels I have stayed on. Anything specific on the Tara Beach I can help with then do let me know.
I stayed at the 9 Muses hotel when I went to Skala. It was fantastic, near the sea and the town. Just brilliant!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.