Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi, there are a couple of boats advertising day trips around alonissos ocean park to view the dolphins and seals not to sure how many dolphins you will see they are aften off the coast of skopelos so you should be lucky but doubt if you will see any seals as there are very few left . cheers kevcb1
Ta
Hi - Thanks for the info - I will have a look when I get there.
There are boats that advertise but of course whether you actually see any dolphins is another question!
Hi we've been to Skiathos for the last 3 years and we go on a different boat trip each time to see the dolphins. The boats leave Skiathos harbour in the mornings. You can pre book or just turn up at the boats. they normally sail about 10 - 10.30. Different ones to choose from, as the trip is not just to see the dolphins but to go to the other islands. the biggest trip to the other two islands you have best chance to see the dolphins. We have seen them each time and its best if you are on the lower deck as they swim right next to the boat in the swell and back foam from the boat. Absolutely stunning - well worth it. We go to Skiathos (again)! at the end of next month and will definately do another boat trip as it gives you a chance to see the other islands nearby. If you are staying in Skiathos town (as we are) just wander around to the harbour one evening and see your choice of boats offering trips. If you are staying in another resort, catch the bus in to town one evening (though I think you will be doing it more than once, as the harbor is fab in the evenings with all the bars & restaurants). This will be our 3rd wedding anniversary this time when we go and I can't think of a nicer place! :love2 cheers Jan
Hi Jan - Thanks for that. We are staying in Skiathos Town (Well, at a place called Villa Ariadni which is next to the lake) but only 10 mins walk into town apparently. Hope you have a great time, we'll keep an eye out for the boat trips.

Thanks again :lol:
ooh ive heard of this lake, is it on the other side of the airport to town? sounds a lovely place

I went with my daugther last year and we only went for a week, we had a day ona boat but did the island trip, this time we are doing the marine park / alonnissos trip so we can see the dolphins, apparently they are around so no worries about that, will be a lovely experience im sure, hope you have a wonderufl time

dont forget to visit the Windmill Restautrant in Skiathos Town, best place to eat on the island :-) a truly magical evening, If theres only 2 of you book the 'honeymoon' table for the most stunning views of your life, i had my daughters birthday up there and it was an experience never to forget
There are plenty of boat trips to Skopolos & Alonnisos, you are most probably going to see them between the stop at Skopolos town and Alonnisos so stay on the bows if you can then.

There are two large boats which leave each morning from the harbour at 09.30am , the Agristri Star and Kassandra which are fast boats and the speed and noise of the engines seems to atract the dolphins.

I have also seen them off Asselinos beach on the north coast of Skiathos last year whilst on a water taxi, then you see how high they can leap.
A few years ago (2003) when we went to Skiathos dolphins swam just about everyday with the boat on the round the island trip.The rep said that it happened a lot of the time.Don' know if this is still the case.
Lots of nice boat trips on Skiathos - especially around the island and to Skopolos. I have some lovely photographs of Skiathos and the trips around it on http://www.ClearSpray.co.uk
we went on Kassandra Delphinious boat, its a big fast boat, and we saw them loads of times. We went on the Marine Park trip to Alonnissos and stopped at Skopelos Harbour on the return.

We desided to sit inside the boat at the front on the lowest deck, it was the coolest place with tables and comfy chairs and we were out of the sun. It allows easy access to the front of the ship to lean over and see and hear the dolphins. We pooped out to the back of the ship to catch some rays when we fancied, it was a lovely memorable trip.
We also took a boat trip from Skiathos to Allonysos and saw the dolphines, they swam along side the boat for a short time only looked like a family of 3 it was a beautiful sight.
pojo
Hi everyone - thanks to you all for the info.

Cheers :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.