Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
SKY LANTERNS
5 Posts
Cyprus is still suffering from lack of rain and our water supply is sadly depleted. Last summer most areas experienced regular disruption to their water supplies.

So far this winter, although we've had rain - it's nowhere near enough to make any impact on the dams.

If you were to use these lanterns, you would have to ensure there was no danger to causing a fire to tinder dry brushland or trees, otherwise you are likely to be arrested....

I would suggest you check with the accommodation you will be staying in or the restaurant and they may be able seek advice for you from the local mukhtar or mayor.

It sounds a lovely idea and I hope you can pull it off :)

CwB
Good grief, never thought of that. I'll e-mail the hotel prior to going. When they come down, the flames would be out anyway, that's why I thought on the beach. I was hoping they would come back down over the sea but you never know the weather do you.
:tup
Just another small thought......you might want to check with your airline that you can carry the fuel cells they use in them in your hold luggage ? :think Better to be safe than have all your neatly packed wedding gear unpacked to remove them !! Or worse still left behind :yikes

I'm assuming the cells are a little like the one's used in portable hairstyling products but on a less grand scale and I'm sure you were only allowed to carry one of those as a spare.

Nice idea to use them though, the first time I saw them last year we were having a BBQ with friends and we thought we'd just witnessed a UFO, we even took pics to prove our theory :rofl
They are fuelled by little parrafin fire lighter blocks but I'm just thinking of having sparklers now. I'll get them from the wedding shop in Ayai napa.Don't want to be done for arson. :really
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.