Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
snorkeling
9 Posts
Costa Teguise (the horseshoe bay on the other side of the Galleon Playa hotel - not the big main beach)

Pappagayo

Both are good for snorkelling..

October will be fine... in fact the sea temperature rarely changes all year round, it just feels colder if the weather itself is a bit chillier
The small beach called Playa Chica in Puerto del Carmen has lovely snorkelling. It's where a lot of the dive companies are based, in the old town. :)
thanks for that....i've made a note of all those places...x
Hi Dot

Just don't expect the sea to actually be warm! I've been several times to Lanzarote and Fuerteventura and I've yet to feel warm in the sea! :yikes ;) Not like in the Med and certainly not like the Red Sea!

Pippy :)
That's certainly true!!! I did actually get into the sea last weekend, but I must say I don't enjoy it!!!!! It does feel very cold, especially after sunning on the beach and getting very hot, the second and third times I went in it did feel warmer :)
well hopefully there will be room in the suitcase for our gear...if it is just cold i dont mind snorkeling in a tee shirt.....i just dont want freezing.

pmsl...theres nothing like stinging jelly fish out there is there??
No, nothing horrid at all medot!!! If you can't fit your stuff in the suitcase, it is very reasonable to buy here. Also, if you were bringing beach towels, they are very bulky, and dead cheap to buy here instead, or may even be in your accommodation?
What sort of things is there to see in the bay in Costa Teguise? I'm talking about 5 foot deep not too far out?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.