Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
so dissapionted
38 Posts
Know how you feel. We always travel with Monarch - luggage allowance 20kg - and for the first few years they gave us extra 20kg for the charity luggage but for the last 3 years they wont do this. We managed to take some out for the last 3 years by cutting down on our own luggage and asking friends to take things out who were travelling with us but like you we always have loads. My sister works for Puma who give us lots to bring out and my friend runs a stationery company and gives us loads for the kids for school but we always have to leave some at home and therefore we have an attic full of stuff at the moment. Puma have given us the name of a local company who will ship it out overland for £30 so I think that is what we are going to do this year as it is no good to anyone in the attic. Hopefully we will get Puma or my company to come up with the £30 otherwise it is not too much for us to pay ourselves having been landed with £48 excess to pay coming home a couple of years ago.
:tup thanks for showing an interest brenliz,we decided to stuff our own things into 1 lot of hand luggage and use the other + the two lots of 15kg with items for the children,going to sort throu everything tomorrow,maybe we will try and sell the surplus on ebay and take the proceeds out with us and find out if they need things for the actual homes etc,we would be interested to know the name of the company who will take the stuff out for £30,don,t mind paying that. cheers
Will find out the details from my sister for you. I think you will find you have 20Kgs of luggage with Monarch so that will help a bit.
:cheers our original booking was with thomas cook only15kg hoping that now we,re on monarch that we will get the 20kg.
I know how you feel girls we got hit for £50 odd s for over weight taking clothes for the kids in Goa so now I just make sure I am in and around the 20klos mark the strange thing about the time we got done was eazy jet never said a word about it on the way over from Ireland to London :que but F/C had plenty to say :cry colleen
We also had problems taking stuff out for the kids. Booked with Airtours some years back (they promoted and supported El Shaddai too). We phoned them up and they agreed 30 kgs each, said it would be on the computer when we booked in so no worries. Said we didn't need a letter/e.mail of confirmation either. When we booked in they had NO knowledge of the arrangement and we literally had a fight on our hands - particularly as they basically implied we were telling lies and were just trying to get on board with too much luggage. I was furious, hubby dealt with it (or we would not have been allowed on the flight at all). Eventually we were sent to another desk and my hubby explained the situation calmly, we were then given permission to take the extra. I made sure everone in the queue knew what happened, I was so upset especially as Airtours were so involved with El Shaddai at that time. Still fuming when I think about it now. Grrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Fizz
:que just had reply from travelrepublic they assured us that thomas cook have no agreement for exess luggage with el shaddai ,having spoken to the people from el shaddai they have not been notified that this airline will no longer take the exess luggage ,personally i,m disgusted :banghead:
Couldnt you just contact Thomas Cook direct? Might be a better idea. In the cirumcstances they might still allow your some extra luggage. Good luck.
:( the charity were arranging the baggage for us,TC have now told them it no longer applies as we are now with monarch
Many of the airlines stopped this allowance last year. I'm sure there was a post about it on here but can't find it (it may have been another holiday site).

I spoke to Monarch last year as I thought it was to do with fuel etc but it was also due to the fact that people were taking advantage of the extra allowance for their own benefit..... :(
Ive used Monarch quite a few times for extra luggage allowance and theyve always been very obliging and ive never been refused. Such a shame if you wont be able to get the extra bits and bobs for the kids.
There's a topic on this on another site (TA)...just search 'Charity luggage'.

x
Here's a few details about Extra Luggage.....
http://www.ChildrenWalkingTall.com/Luggage.htm

I am yet to get in touch with the airlines this year, due to the financial problems I fear that most will have cancelled their charity allowances.
I rang Monarch last week to ask about excess charity luggage as we always have been lucky enough to be able to take loads of goods out for Children Walking Tall, however a very apologetic lady said that Monarch are no longer able give excess charity luggage. We were able to up our 15kgs allowance when we booked to 20kgs for just under £4 each. We have been to Goa many times so now know how little we really need to take for ourselves.
What we did last time worked very well for us and will do similar next year, there were 4 of us flying with Moan Arrghk each with our 15KG of allowance.
The issue was we had 18KG of Lego we wanted to get to Children Walking Tall :yikes

So with some careful packing and some decent luggage scales we managed to get everything we needed JUST within the allowance :tongue The big plus point of this was for our return journey we now had an empty suitcase along with a spare 18KG allowance to fill with all sorts of goodies ( HoneyBee included :cheers )

Cheers
Frugal Rog
okitsme :cheers wish i knew how to get 18kg into 15kg,when i was in school it just wouldn.t go :rofl
valleylady wrote:
okitsme :cheers wish i knew how to get 18kg into 15kg,when i was in school it just wouldn.

An Essex education for you ;)

I haven't been on the HoneyBee Honest, Allowances for 4 people combined 60 KG total, we had 3 suitcases 20kg each.

Cheers
Not so stupid Rog :D
:whoops ok.unfortunatley we,re 2 passanges 15kg each,with 20kg exess baggae each that we can no longer take thanks to change of airline.anyone know how to get 40kg of luggage into 30k plus our own, oh never mind ours we.ll stuff it in the hand luggage :rofl :rofl {i can,t believe i,m bieng so daft,but really exited,had jabs monday,sent visas today we,re really are going to goa :sun2 :fly
MMM! Sorry even my Essex eduction cant solve that one :think

I guess a solution would be to send it freight but the costs would probably be prohibitive. Alternatively have you considered naturism :yikes That would cut down on packing.

Seriously though it must be frustrating for you.

Rog :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.