General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
So fed up
23 Posts
Even duller today Sanji, plus persisting down with rain. Have a brilliant time & I hope the sun shines for you :sun2
Glynis HT Admin wrote:
Even duller today Sanji, plus persisting down with rain. Have a brilliant time & I hope the sun shines for you :sun2

Same here Glynis, and it's not warm either, we've got the heating on :(
I don't think I've ever booked a holiday on impulse and only a couple of days before we fly. - Then I had second thoughts wondering 'what have I done'.
That's how fed up I was feeling.
It'll kill or cure. ;)

Sanji x
thats a great way to book a holiday :)
It's heavy rain here and freezing :(
That really is a quick booking Sanji, I seem to be booking later and later these days, but not that close.

Hope you have a lovely time and get some great weather :sun2 :cheers :fly :wave

Doe :sun2
hi sanji I booked a last min holiday like you to salou a couple of years ago like you kept wondering if we had done the right thing and I must say although it was a bit of a rush we had a fab holiday it cant be any worse than this miserable weather im going to Bulgaria in 2 weeks cant wait to get some sun have a fab time :tup
All packed. :)
I've been looking for the last 2 weeks, I was hoping to fly from my local airport ( Doncaster) - we are only 25 mins away, but Thomson have a monopoly on the place, and the holiday prices (or just the flights) (IMO) are a complete 'rip off'.

They (Thomson) seem to be 'pushing' Tenerife ( Puerto de la Cruz) from Donny and every hotel that I researched on their 'late deals' was on a hill or miles from anywhere.
I'm having to be very selective now and when you have to look at places with a fine tooth comb and read every possible review or article on the net, you never know how time consuming that is, until you have to do it .
I was very ill in February and taken into hospital - I was diagnosed with severe third stage lung disease, so, hills and marathon walks are now completely out of the question.

My insurance company have been informed and they won't cover me for my illness, they have noted it and sent me an amended policy- they'll review it again when the renewal date is due.
I got a better price flying from East Midlands and I'm staying just outside of Malaga and near to the airport, so I hope to have a city and beach week.
It looks like mainland Spain is as far as I will/can go - if I start being ill, I can get a flight home to anywhere in the UK.

I was going to Hong Kong in September to see my son, staying several weeks and visiting Thailand etc.
He now has a 2 bedroomed apartment and I feel 'guilty' because accommodation in HK is hard to acquire and expensive - I'm sure he moved out of his one bedroomed place into a two bedroom so that we could stay there and it was just a matter of booking a flight.
It's looking 99.9% certain that it's not going to happen now. :(
If you believe in fate - it was fate that I didn't book the flight to HK in January during Virgin's sale. Something 'told' me to wait.

Sanjix
You just have a great time Sanji. Thinking of you :kiss
It sounds like you really deserve to have a good time Sanji :)
Hope you have a great time Sanji and come back relaxed and refreshed. I'm so sorry to hear you have been so ill and can imagine the problems you have had with getting travel insurance but you certainly do need to get away,if only for a short while. I also understand how you have to read between the lines with holiday brochures - when they say the beach/town/etc is just so many metres down from the hotel I translate that as the hotel is up, probably meaning a steep climb, so have to rule it out. One of the reasons I keep going back to my beloved Tunisia is that it is reasonably flat and I never go on organised trips as I need to stop whenever it all gets too much for me, which is getting increasingly frequent what with a dodgy heart and arthritis. :roll:
Sanji - I hope you have a lovely break. I am sorry to hear youare not well and I hope that you will get to visit your son. xx
hope you enjoy, and look after yourself
madmum :sun2
Sorry to hear you've been so poorly Sanji but hope the weather gets better and you enjoy your holiday. I know how you love your walking and have done miles during other holidays but you must be very careful now. We like East Midlands it's a small airport and is the nearest one to us.
Belgium has been given snow :yikes , so glad i am not there. Have a relaxed holiday sanji.
I've only just seen this! Sorry to hear that you've been ill Sanji !

I hope you're having a great time in Malaga :sun2
  • Edited by rennie 2013-05-28 22:11:17
Thanks for your replies.
Wow, where did that week go?

Got back this afternoon and had an enjoyable week finding something to do every day - avoided any hills and stayed in an area that is flat, also made good use of the trains visiting places from Malaga city to Fuengirola.
I also understand how you have to read between the lines with holiday brochures - when they say the beach/town/etc is just so many metres down from the hotel I translate that as the hotel is up, probably meaning a steep climb, so have to rule it out

Aslemma- Yes that's what I meant- I didn't explain myself very well - we all should research beyond the brochures and in the past it wouldn't have bothered me if the hotel was situated on a slight hill, as long as it wasn't a 'cardiac' steep hill, but now any incline or suggestion of an incline, means I have to rule it out.

Sanji x
'Cardiac' hill brings back memories of the Magic Rock in Benidorm - what a hill as you know Sanji as you stayed near there. Glad you had a good holiday but it really went quickly.
That week simply flew but I'm so glad you had a nice time Sanji and I'm sure it will have done you good. Now you have to continue to take it fairly easy and don't overdo things until you are really feeling better or you will undo all the good which the holiday has done you.

All being well summer may eventually arrive which will no doubt put a bit of a spring in all our steps. xx
Really pleased to hear you had a good time Sanji, now you chill and get ready for your main holiday :tup
Thanks Glynis :kiss
Now I've got to work really hard to get this weight off- bluddy steroids have slapped a stone on me and I'm not feeling comfortable with it -I hardly ate anything last week- the food wasn't 3 *- I lived on salads, the rest of the food was worthy of 1*.

Some people will eat cr&p if it's in front of them. :roll: A novelty seeing green peas and a cabbage concoction served for breakfast, I think the chef got breakfast and dinner mixed up. lol

We got what we paid for and used the hotel for a base, it was so handy having the train station a few minutes walk away.
Will do a review when I've got the washing etc sorted.

Sanji x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.