Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
pm andyg427, my mate, he knows about these appartments.
I am also stopping at these aprtments in a couple of weeks, can you not share the information publicly? bit worried now :?

Cheers
Lee
stayed in them 10 years or so ago and they were ok: clean, very centrally located etc. Nothing special but more than adequate. Looked at staying there this August just gone but they were grossly overpriced- something like £900.00 each for 2 weeks! So shocked we ended up going to the North for the 1st time
£900 each, wow!

This is the first time I have been to Paphos, I have been to the east side lots of times, but decided to try the other side this time. I am going with a friend and we have booked a 1-bed apartment at Sofiana with a sofabed for £340 each for 1 week. As long as they are clean, I don't really mind.

Fingers X'ed - will report back and let you know what they are like now :-)

Cheers
Lee
we're going at the end of September 2005 - Two weeks cost us £1250 for two :lol: :lol: :lol:
We have booked for May next year, never been to Cyprus. We booked with Portland Direct £623.04 for one week self catering with 3 mornings breakfasts - this is for 2 of us.
Hi all
here is the official listing (doesn't tell you much )

SOFIANNA Hotel Apartments A
PAFOS

9, Agamemnon Star. 8041 flats: 99
P.O.Box: 60299, 8102 beds: 214

tel: 26949000
fax: 26945682
email: sofianna@spidernet.com.cy

operator: D.S.A. Investments Ltd
copyright material courtesy of the CTO

a little further info on the following link

http://www.cyprus-hotels.com/sofiana_hotel_apartments_pafos.htm

hope this helps

wizard
Hi Cat

The hotel/apartments are in the centre of Kato Pahos about five minutes stroll to Bar/Nightlife Street and ten minutes to the harbour.

The reports we have seen are all very good :sun

They have their own website here

http://www.sofianna.com

Hope this helps

D&P
:love

It was the first time I had visited Paphos (although have visited Cyprus many times before) and it was much better than I had expected, in fact I plan to go back next September.

As for the apartments, I was actually fairly impressed for the money. Ok they're nothing special, but they are more than adequate for a week. I stopped in a 1 bedroom apartment overlooking a small courtyard so we didn't get a brilliant view, but I only use the apartment to sleep in so I wasn't particularly worried about that.

The apartment was a good size, clean and well furnished with a TV, kettle, full sized freestanding oven (if you want it), fridge, microwave, etc. You also got 2 movies shown through your TV every night, nice to chill to before getting ready for a night out.

The apartment block does look a little dated, but that's not to say it was shabby. We got fresh towels every day, but the bed linen was only changed twice in 7 days - which is acceptable at home I guess, but when your hot and sweaty all the time, I think it needs changing more often.

The air conditioning was stuck to one temperature and the system was clearly quite old - but it worked and the temperature was just right for me - not too cold. It was enough to get a good night sleep under the sheets - in fact I only used it half the time anyway (always gives me a sore throat).

All of the staff were very pleasant and helpful, although our Rep was not particularly interested (Libra) and even got all the dates wrong on her paperwork. Clearly she was just topping up her pension, and didn't really care for the job.

The location was fantastic, just a few minutes walk to the main restaurants and bars in the "Bar Street" area, and a few minutes more to the promenade road. We didn't suffer with any noise problems at all, not even from the pub attached to the apartment block. There was also a good supermarket across from the apartments with nealry everything you could need.

The pool was a good size and there were plenty of sunbeds for everyone to use (may just have been the time of year we went). Again, another minor point was that the pool needed a refurb and there were some tiles missing near the water jets - don't let that put you off, it was clean. It is not a heated pool, so was a bit cold first thing (again maybe time of year).

All in all, we had a great time and I inlight of the above comments would rate Sofianna 7/10. I would be happy to stay there again - more for the location than anything.

I guess it depends how much you paid, we paid £700 for two of us from East Midlands for a 1 bedroom apartment for 1 week. I wouldn't want to pay more than this!

I hope you have a great holiday, and I hope you find the comments above helpful. If you need to know anything else, feel free to ask!

Cheers
Lee
Hi Lee,

Why don't you be the first to add your review HERE

Thanks in advance

Kath HT Admin
Clemouk-Thanks for that post am glad this thread came up as was looking at these apartments for next year for my mother inlaw.
I have been looking at it on the Portland website and its good value for money.
Was considering the Mayfair but there location is not to good.So will probably book Soffianna instead.
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but what's the Sofianna like these days. Been there a couple of times, and we are thinking of coming out again in Sept after the schools have gone back. I hear it is looking a bit tired and shabby...
We went in july 06. The apartments are nothing special but were kept clean. Same as the pool area. Few tiles missing. I would go back to them. They are in a great location.
Thanks oliday, that helps :)
So no one else has been to Sofiana lately..??
If anyone has stayed here and not yet written a review please do so by Clicking Here

Many thanks :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.