Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Have been to the Sofitel at Taba Heights in Feb and March, no mossie issues, weather lovely although Feb visit it was VERY windy which affected visibility for snorkelling but not a huge issue as there are wind breaks on the beach etc. I've seen some terrible reviews of the sofitel and I just don't understand them - there was a massive variety of food, it was well presented and we never got sick there. I wanted to go back this year but they changed the flight day so we're going to Marsa instead...I just hope it's as good!
Hi,

Anyone been to this hotel at the end of January before. Just wondered what the weather is like this time of year.

The All Inclusive looks good and does it include the non motorised watersports such as pedaloes / kayaking etc or are they chargeable.

Hope someone can help in what looks to be an amazing hotel - can't wait
went to the sofitel a few years back, great for peace and quiet, food pretty good, no issues with belly etc, we went half board, people who went all inclusive some had issues. Wine ok by egypt standards, spirits usually awful.
Snorkelling good, beach concrete underneath so hard underfoot. :sun2
Hi

I've just booked for a week in the Sofitel in Taba Heights in September. I looked at loads of reviews and they all looked great, but just wondered if anyone here has been.

I've got no idea of what to expect as I've only ever done self catering in Greece before so think that this may be a little bit different!

Thanks
Rachel x
The sofitel was the hotel next door to where we stayed in Taba...so I have never stayed there directly, however as there were only a few hotels in the resort, you could use the facilities in each of the hotels so did visit there a few times. The sofitel had by far the best bit of each and the nicest pools...

the food was good..but in all honesty, we only ate there once..and that was because we wanted to try something different to our hotel cuisine which was sort of same same ish after about 3 days.

The resort itself is quite quiet..but the rooms are spacious and there is also a free bus service that takes you all round the resort..you can get on and off as many times as you want during the day...

the activities are mainly water based...you can go diving, snorkelling, para sailing, banana boat rides etc but there are trips on offer to nuweiba, dahab, bedouin night under the stars, israel etc...but dont be expecting megga night life there.

I think you will enjoy it...
Don't worry, we're not going for mega nightlife! We're just looking for a quiet week in the sun, and it sounds like that is exactly what we're going to get! I've never done AI before so I'm a bit worried about getting bored of the food but I guess the option of eating at other places will help.

Thanks x
Hello,

We went to Taba heights at the Sofitel for a week end of Jan 2011 and it was exactly what i needed.
Excellent Rooms, didn't have one fault, large balcony overlooking the gardens and sea and the beds were comfy.
Food - this was my first All Inclusive and have heard some horror stories about egypt but you have nothing to worry about, excellent choice for all tastes and the puddings are a bit too tempting.
Evening entertainment is a bit hit and miss, not much for us and was quite often in bed by midnight lol, but this is low season and the resort was half empty, mainly due to the trouble that was going on and all the french, germans had been pulles out of egypt but most of the trips were still going.
There is a shuttle bus going evey half hour round the hotels, the village with some shops, bar and restaurants which make a nice change and something to do plus there is also waterworld which are very professional.
All in all had a fab week, weather was great and nothing better than sipping my drink from my sunlounger with a superb view in the late afternoon Januray/february sun.
Was the perfect winter warmer and got a great tan.

Thanks
That's brilliant thank you! Looking forward to it even more now! :cheers I'm not too bothered by the entertainment, I've never been anywhere with any before so I don't think I'll miss it, although as I can't drink it'll probably seem worse to me than to anyone else!

How did you find it for a week? We were originally looking at going for 2 weeks but my friend couldn't get the time off. I've only ever been away for 2 weeks before and am only just ready to go home after that, I'm worried that it won't feel like I've been away!

Thanks for the help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.