Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
I've been to the Sol Alcudia Centre twice, once in a Studio, it was on the 4th floor (I think, it was a while ago!). The apartments were fine, nothing special but comfortable...there are better but then there are alot worse. They are very close to the beach and shops / restaurants are very close (try out Tamarindo at the top of the road). If you want cheap microwaved food then try Cheers..their soup is straight from the tin (Heinze mind you!)...we got mouldy bread last time we were there!
hi, we are booked to go here in 3 weeks, and all i keep reading is about the sunbed rush before 9 in the morning! Now, i like my long lies on holidays and cannot be bothered with all this cr*p! Can anyone recommend a hotel nearby that we can use instead of the hotels? Sort of wishing i stuck with previous years choice with going to Greece!
Alcudia's beach is Fantastic so i'd catch my daily "Rays" there is i were you! :D

Best Regards - Taggy :)
We were there a few years back and yes, there is a rush.........I cant be bothered with it either so like Taggy recommends................use the BEAUTIFUL beach just across the road from you!

Have a lovely holiday!
Are the Sol Alcudia Centre and the Sol de Alcudia the same place?If not which is the better place .Also does anybody have any info on the Waikiki Apts.
Cheers Helen
no different places was at the sol del alcudia center last year and it was great :D there is a rush for the best spots but always got a sun bed
Just to add - there are three "Sol Alcudias"; there are apartments as well behind the hotel. They are all separate. Waikiki Apts - these are more or less right next to Sol Alcudia Center. This is a much smaller affair than the Sols, about 50 apartments I'd guess on only two levels. Reasonable pool.
There is a helluva rush for the sunbeds in the morning. Last time I was there though the guy who was cleaning the pool and the pool area lifted all the towels and dumped them on one table...hahahahaha....

Like most have said, the beach is REALLY close so you can go there instead (I'm not fond of people who book into one hotel etc and then head off to somewhere else to use the facilities...kind of using up space other people have paid for! :evil: )
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.