Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Joan, unless you are planning to have days out away from Benidorm I wouldn't advise hiring a car, its too congested and quite unnecessary. Taxis are reasonably cheap and all metered so they can't rip you off.

As for a hotel, It depends what your priorities are but if your mobilty is not so good then avoid the ones on the hill in the Rincon area. You would probably be best booking perhaps the Pelicanos/Ocas, The Presidente, The Riudor, The Calypso, The Rosamar e.t.c They are all in a lively area and on the flat near the beach.

Sue :)
Thanks so much for advice Sue. That'll make things so much easier regarding Hotels etc; This is a great website. Lot's of info. :cheers
could you just roughly tell us your age as well.depends on how old you are for best hotel for you
Hi Woody. Yes, you could have a point about which hotel. I'm 61 but not an old fuddy duddy. I'd hate to be dumped in with a load of O.A.Ps! :cheers
The Calypso hotel would be best for you.just a few minutes walk to the indoor market and out door one as well.infact your right in the middle either way.all you need is either across the road next door or near by.nice little bar called pepe;s.you get a much older crowd in there.no load music.just tvs as background.nice to relax and chat.with people your age.turn right out of hotel across road just passed a row of shops.and a steak bar.sliding doors.across the road you can start you pub crawl.morgans tavern.where them flimed the benidorm programe.carry on up that road and loads of shows bars ect.
I agree, I think the Calypso is in an ideal position for you. It looked a lovely hotel as well.
its had a massive refit as well.food is very good +.ramps to get into hotel.guard on door.good night music and shows.location is excellent
Thanx guy's. Funny thing, the Calypso was my first poss choice before I found this site. It looks like Karma?????????? :D
Hi Guy's.
Just been up to town to travel agents. They're quoting me £665 for June 20th in pelicanos/Ococ and roughly the same for Calypso. Does this seem a bit hefty for 1 week,or is it me? :que
thats sounds about in june.mine your on your own thats why.you could of got it cheaper maybe going diy.
just had a look.direct with hotel is £398.h/b fly from eastmids on easy jet.£120.00 add transfers £20 say.total £538.all you need in insurance then to add on.joan where do you live anyway.save £127.theres your spending money.

if you need to know how i did it pm me ok.
Thanx Woody. I usualy do a diy but The taxi from airport a bit expensive. I'd like to go out of Liverpool if i can, or Manchester. I want easy transfers thats why I'm looking at package deals. My mates are telling me I'd be better staying in the old town in a studio, but it's a while since they've been to Benidorm too.
joan fly out with ryanair on 21st for 1 wk flights £115 with baggage and 7 nights in los dalmatus is costing £290 for a single room with thomsons,transfers say £15 return with travelrepublic, total cost £420 approx :tup
Thomas Cook package - Flying out of Manchester, day flights, - Sat. 20th June.
Hotel Dalmatas - £490.11
Monarch have some cheaper options, especially going on the Sunday..
Hope this helps Joan.

Thomson have the Venus hotel for £470 going on the Sunday.
  • Edited by cazB 2009-05-09 17:21:33
The taxi from airport a bit expensive.we know it is.so thats why you are be told £15 to £20 transfer bus,just like you would booking a package.same thing but cheaper option.resorthopper/ shuttledirect just a few firms that will take you from airport to your hotel.you book on line.easy.ok liverpool easy jet good times as well £124.00
ryanair no good.only 15k cases 20k on easyjet.old town in a studio,where;s you food coming from.don;t think you would like that.
Hello Joan Rio Park half board 21st June but from Doncaster including transfers and 20 kg hold luggage is £392 with Portland direct but flight times are not great. May bump into you out there I am hoping to be going on 20th, don't worry about going on your own I did it in march and had a great time!!! John
i do it every year sometimes twice.in jan.feb.by the way for an extra £7.00 you can go full board.at the Calypso.so loads of deals to look at.its just getting to the uk airport thats the trouble,finding someone to take you there.mine you where i live there is always some mug who will do it.
If it's any help use discount code 4224 for £25 off with Thomsons.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.