Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Some help please
16 Posts
Are you sure you mean Hong Kong, it's a different country and thousands of miles away ?. Your best bet is a flight to Bangkok then a taxi to Pattaya.
Hong Kong is over 2 hours by plane to Bangkok. We did it in December for a bargain £80 return with Emirates. Its a bit of a palavar unless you are planning on staying in HK for a day or two though.
From Bangkok you can get a taxi to Pattaya.
The flight prices seem to be very high from london to bangkok,, Is there a cheaper way to get there??

Thanks
Ziggy - Hong Kong is 1084 miles from Pattaya - I reckon a taxi may be a bit on the expensive side :rofl

I went to Pattaya last March and flew into Bangkok then got a cab down to Pattaya. It is about 2hrs 15mins by car.

It's not that cheap to fly to Bangkok, it's cheaper if you don't fly direct, last year for instance it cost me £380 return with Etihad Airways, thats the United Arab Emirates - stopped for 2 hours then flew on, I have to say it was a fantastic flight with planes half full so we got a row of seats each and they have the biggest seat back TV's of any airline in the world (10 inch screens).

I fly out in a couple of weeks time to Bangkok and I'm paying £625 to fly with Thai Airways direct.

TC
What was i thinking off when i said i would get a taxi :)
I can get a flight for the 10th march for £460 so i supose thats quite a good price.

What the average price of a pint and meal in pattaya?
Depends where you eat to be honest - we found this little open air restaurant in the centre of town by the main road that did really nice food - two starters, two mains and a couple of beers came to £5.40 total!
Beer is generally less than a quid a bottle - that's for Chang beer which I think is very nice.

TC
Thanks for all the info everyone :) How much am i looking for to pay for a single room in pattaya for 14 nights, Somewhere close to the action but clean and friendly, Also please could you tell me how much i should be paying for a taxi from abngkok airport to pattaya.

Thanks again
To give you an idea of the cost from Bkk Airport to Pattaya, when you are in Pattaya you'll see signs everywhere advertising Pattaya - Bkk Airport for 800 Baht. It'll cost you more coming from the airport but look to get a taxi for around the 1000 baht mark. You'll have to haggle with the driver.

In Pattaya - loads of places for under 20 quid a night. If you want somewhere clean, quiet, good pool but fairly central see Areca Lodge or the new rooms at Diana Inn, nearby. ( Google and you'll find websites with online booking.)
It's worth noting that 2-3 years ago flight taxes (and surcharges etc) to Thailand (and Asia as a whole) would total about £28.10. These days it frequently exceeds £200, so the days of ultra cheap flights flights have gone. Whereas £350 used to be a good price, i'd say £450-£500 is a good price these days.
Thanks again for all the info and advice, Do you think i should book a couple of days at one of the hotels in pattaya and then look around for good prices or just book for the full 14 days room before i get there?

Anyone :que what do everyone else do? :cheers
HAve a look around the various tour ops/ room suppliers see who doing best deal free nights , free upgrades etc. Plenty of choice in Pattaya with hotels so some good prices compared to other parts of Thailand. Look at some of the asian sites such as sawasdee.com and asiatravel.com see what they are offering though they may not be a competive as some UK based suppliers. Used to avoid asiarooms.com but now see they are part of TUI group. I've used latestays.com for late bookings (within 14 days that is).

*sorry Sunbear- that company cannot be mentioned on our forums as we had to constantly remove spamming posts*

Fiona ht mod
I've used Sawadee.com a couple of times and they are excellent. Funnily enough though, this year they came out quite a bit dearer than INVALID URL who I ended up booking with

TC
Hi again,

Thanks for all the info so far everyone :)
Ive been looking at a few sites and the Areca Lodge is fully booked for my dates,

Can you sudgest any other hotels that are clean and friendly and not too far away from the action.

Thanks
try the piano bar in soi 3 good and clean
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.