Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Cigarettes are readily available and by July 2009 will be approaching €40 for 200 eg Benson and Hedges, local brands less.

Montechoro hotel is about half a mile from the strip where it joins the main road. Uphill of course!

Erin's Isle was still there last time I went past but closed for the winter.

Moneywise can't help but just bring your cashpoint card and get what you need as and when you need it. Most places take cards.

Don't know about a mini-market at Auramar but there are certainly several shops at the end of the road.

Last July was very hot! And dry. Usually is.

Smoking is banned in many bars and restaurants. Some have installed the approved air extraction equipment and smoking is allowed inside. Everywhere has either a 'Smoking permitted' or 'no smoking' sign. Smoking is generally allowed on outside tables. I don't know specifically about the Auramar but several hotels in the area are completely no smoking.

Smoking is also prohibited in bus stations, shops, offices, schools (!) and hospitals (!!)

Hope that helps a bit.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.