UK and Ireland Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the UK and Ireland.
How about a trip out to Richmond Helen or even a stay there. I believe it a nice town in itself + you can do some lovely walking along the more picturesque part of the Thames directly from there so I'm told . You also have Hampton court not far . You can get the district line all the way or it may be the hammersmith & city line . http://www.visitrichmond.co.uk/

I'm going to do a little research on it myself as I've been told recently by an elderly lady who used to spend a lot of time that way about how lovely it is down there . Quite fancy a night in a hotel that way myself so I was looking at doing something with my clubcard vouchers a little nearer to home.
If you like museums/galleries you may enjoy The Wallace Collection. It is in Manchester Square, behind Oxford Street. It is in a lovely mansion (Hertford House I think). It is free and there are also free guided tours every day. The day I visited there was a costumed talk by Marie Antionette, great fun.
Don't know if you like markets Helen but there are plenty in London, and can pick up a bargain, found these on a website

Camden Market Guide
Portobello Market Guide
Greenwich Market Guide
Old Spitalfields Market Guide
Brick Lane Market Guide (Sundays only)
Petticoat Lane Market Guide
Columbia Flower Market (Sunday mornings only)
Borough Market
I knew I'd posted a similar thing last year, but couldn't find it Shirley. Thanks for your suggestions so far, there's a few I like the sound of. The more options the merrier, as some things might depend on the weather. We might be taking the grandchildren next May, so I'll be looking for more ideas. Lyn - it's the Tesco vouchers that 'm using - staying at the Thistle Bloomsbury Park- looks very central.
We took a tour around the houses of parliament last year, can thoroughly recommend that.
I told a work collegue about this today, and she was under the impression that it had shut. Before I look into it further can you confirm that it is still open please?
As far as I can see, it's still open... perhaps phone them??

http://www.tower42.com/#/services/food-and-drink/vertigo-42/

We went last year, a bit pricey, but the views are amazing!!

ATB,J.
If you get off the tube at Old Street and head towards shoreditch you will come across a little unknown underground tour of derelict tube stations..very spooky. You can marry this up with a trip to the Old Spitalfields market or grab some drinks on the uber-trendy Brick Lane
Friends spoke highly of the "vinopolis" wine tasting experience.
They said it was right by the Globe theatre, which is another place I haven't been to!
kate
Unfortunately the summer run of shows at the Globe Theatre closed earlier this month. However, they do operate very reasonably priced tours and have an interesting museum at the Globe...definitely worth seeing.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.