General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
How about a fake Aardvark!!! :)
Seriosly have you tried some of the gluey stuff?
You put it on a saucer on the balcony and the ants are attracted to it and they take it back to the nest and all get poisoned!
You can get it from most garden shops!
I take a can of RAID everywhere brilliant stuff.
I get them in my flat at home, I use these little green ant traps, they are fully sealed till the time you wish to use them, the ant eats the stuff, heads back to the nest feeling all pleased with it's self, then the stuff is released and kills the nest :D

I will find the name for you :D
Thank a lot guys, wil try anything as long as it kills them and keeps then away from me and my clothes!!
both NIPPON and the little green traps are a long time fix but not a lot of use for holiday as they take about 3/4 weeks to kill the nest just buy a can of insect/fly spray when your on holiday for the imidiate kill

wizard
Hi
What I find awful is when you suddenly feel something crawling on you, and you find ants in your bed! :shock:

Horrible! :omg

Dawn
Thanks Wizard...

Dawn i am now picturing this happening to me now Thanks a lot!!
Hi Tatty
Sorry about that, it has actually happened so I don't really like to re live it.
We had a ground floor apartment and used to get ants under the front door. I put washing up liquid down they would go up to it, and didn't fancy eating it, if they did they were gonners. I would swill them away with hot water.
Dawn
Ahh yeah Wizard never thought of them taking ages to kill the nest :oops:
We used to use the Raid Ant and cockroach spray. Very effective.
To keep the apartment ant free, go to a local supermarket and buy some of that foam stuff that comes in a can (sorry I'm not very technical). You then put a line around the apartment on the floor, across the doorways etc.

The ants can't cross it so inside is protected and it lasts a few weeks so one can would easilydo a holiday.
No problem dawn its just that when i say a phoboa of then i mean a real phobia of them! :shock:

thanks for all the advice, feel a bit at ease knowing i can rest a bit easer knowing that i can prevent them from coming near me!
Tatty,

My favourite, although highly dangerous but great fun, is to turn your can of hair spray into a flame thrower and frazzle the soddin lot of em! rofl :twisted:
We had friends in Gran Canaria who done this with Lynx with the cockroaches although i dont think i would be trusted as im very accident prone!!!!!
My favourite, although highly dangerous but great fun, is to turn your can of hair spray into a flame thrower and frazzle the soddin lot of em! rofl

I appreciate your comments are made in jest, but I also think they are highly irresponsible. In as far as I am aware, HolidayTruths is a FAMILY site and is thus accessed by children. Your comments could be taken by some as serious and fire is not a funny thing at all.

Not only that, but the poster made it quite clear that he/she has a genuine phobia and it should not be laughed at. :x Certain people suffer from all sorts of phobias and it can have a very bad effect on them, and I think only genuine offers of help should be put forward. This board is not the place to be making jokes about fire.
Hi all
Hope you didn't think I was making fun, when I said about ants in the bed. This really happened and I am not keen on them either. I hate Daddylong Legs and wasps.
Dawn
Hi Dawn i understand that you weren't making fun its just that the phobia i have is not lke you 'average' hate for them, its a real panic attack one!. :shock:

Thank you all for you comments and help on this topic

Tatty x
I appreciate your comments are made in jest, but I also think they are highly irresponsible. In as far as I am aware, HolidayTruths is a FAMILY site and is thus accessed by children. Your comments could be taken by some as serious and fire is not a funny thing at all.

Not only that, but the poster made it quite clear that he/she has a genuine phobia and it should not be laughed at. Certain people suffer from all sorts of phobias and it can have a very bad effect on them, and I think only genuine offers of help should be put forward. This board is not the place to be making jokes about fire.

Get a grip! :roll:

1. I wasn't making it a laughing matter, I was quite serious. I can't bloody stand the things either, although not quite phobic, did take great sick pleasure from frying a whole lot of them in Empuriabrava last year. Given Tatty's upbeat response I think if she thought I was taking the mickey she would have responded differently? Yes?

2. I wasn't condoning that children do this, nor was I giving instructions on how to create a flame thrower and tatty is perfectly capable of making her own decisions on whether or not to do this, hence her comment about probably not because she is accident prone.

3. Stop trying to make a drama out of this and cause trouble because that's exactly what you've just done! :evil: There are names for people who try to cause arguments on forums such as this!

Tatty, good luck, hope you find a suitable answer to your problem. I sympathise and I'm pretty sure you realise that my post was as it was intended above. Sorry someone has brought disrepute to it and it will probably be locked now!

Catherine x
Can we please get back on topic and less of the personal attacks and backseat moderating.

Thanks

MarkJ HT Mod
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.