Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
That's a strange one Helen, as even if logged out you should still be able to read the forums. Are you on the festive theme by any chance, there are often problems with it which are resolved by switching back to subsilver ?

David :wave
Hi David - yes I'm on the festive theme. However my laptop has been exceedingly slow yesterday and today, so I'm wondering if that'spar of the problem. I'll see what happens tonight and tomorrow and will switch back if I till have problems - thanks.
were you trying the forums from the index or an email notification? If the system sends a message about a new post in a forum you subscribe to and then the Mod deletes the post due to spam etc. you'll get that message when you try to see it.
I was trying to get on through the web address Steve, and when I eventually got in I used the active topic button Steve. Thankfully there have been no problems since, although my internet connection has been appallingly slow over the last day or two, probably because of high demand.
Helen T
although my internet connection has been appallingly slow over the last day or two, probably because of high demand

have you looked at other internet suppliers if your net is that slow...none of them should be "appallingly slow ". :yikes :yikes :yikes
speed is a different issue, if you still have problems use this http://speedtest.net to test the line - it might be your computer. Just let it load the map image then click the green mark, you don't have to do the share data at the end.
Something really odd is going on. When I try to post here (on any PC using any browser) the text size is MASSIVE. If I zoom out thats OK, but then when I get back to the forum proper, I have to zoom in again as its too small.

also this message was present at the top of the page..

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 30: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /posting.php on line 35: fread() [function.fread]: Length parameter must be greater than 0
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3819: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3186)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3821: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3186)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3822: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3186)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3823: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3186).

I note also that in the Christmas theme the button images are squished horizontally in the posting boxso the text cannot be read. However in the Avatar box they are stretched vertically so are too tall.

Wierd stuff indeed !
I can see what you mean - it's doing it to me as well!!!

The zoom effect is not caused by the Christmas theme (the buttons were), I've posted with it on previously and had no problem but today I've got the problem . I've just switched Christmas off and still have the problem.
We have had this problem since yesterday, it is waiting for Van's attention.

Thanks Mark, I didn't know you could deal with problems like that. There are a few other things waiting for Van, such as the New Year closure which never happened, but probably no point asking if you could do anything about that now that we have all worked through ! :wink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.