Italy, Rivieras and Islands Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Italy, Rivieras and Islands.
I think you mean Mt. Etna. I wouldn't let the eruption put you off, it's a pretty much of an ongoing thing. You could go down to the Amalfi coast, Sorrento or one of the lovely resorts in that area.
Hey just got back today.
We went to the beach, to a place called sperlonga. It is about 1 hour and a bit by train from roma termini station.
I woulkd highly recomend it as it is a wonderfull place with nice sandy beaches etc, also the water is so clean it has won loads of awards.
Hope this helps :lol:
How would you get to Sorrento from Rome, also was interested in the beach you mention there sperlonga. how also would you get there.
hey there to get to sperlonga you would catch the train from termini station ( the main station in rome) it would cost 5.60 euros each way per person. You get off at fondi station and catch the bus to sperlonga (takes about 10 mins) i would recomend this rather than going to sorrento as the beach is sandy and sorrrento i believe is more stoney. Also sperlo0nga is much less touristy and more "italian" so cheaper nicer and the people are just so friendly also going up to amalfi (sorrento) from rome is more of a mission you would have to go to napoli (naples) and then catch another bus/train to sorrento which would add another hour to be honest its not worth it.
here is a link to sprerlonga look here
and also here
Sorry to bang on but the proximaty to rome and the fact tha it is so unspoilt and less touristy really does it for me.
:wink:
It would be easy to either get a bed and breakfast or a hotel aswell
I second Sperlonga - we stayed for a couple of days on a fly/drive a couple of years ago. We stayed in the Hotel Aurora and had a room overlooking the sandy beach - your room also includes use of a sunbed on their section of beach. The old town on the headland was wonderful to wander round in the evening, we had some lovely meals there and the atmosphere was great and very Italian.

http://www.aurorahotel.it/
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.