Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
somy resort
5 Posts
Pay for an upgrade on arrival and try get the rooms on the left as you go through the gates :tup
yes been there.very basic hotel,great size pool,good staff,food ok,personally for me it was a bit too basic,im sure you will enjoy it :tup
Yep, we stayed there too must be 3 years or more ago now, basic but good sized room with shower room and a kitchen. Food was fine (so my hubby says, I went more for snacks!) Breakfast was the usual toast, juice, tea/coffee. Nice pool but not much shade around it if I remember rightly and breakfast service was very laid back (slow) and insufficient cups/etc., however saying that, we did like it there and it's central location enabled easy access to Candolim and Baga, infact to anywhere really. A lot of restaurants and shops nearby. I have certainly been in worse hotels in Goa and I have been in better too but if you got a good price for you then the Somy is fine. Just to add, no children's pool area that I can remember - we did have a modern remotely controlled air conditioning unit (our first ever modern one in Goa that is :) - worked so well I put my pj's on! :D (Hubby would be roasting hot sleeping on an ice berg)!
Try it and see.
Hello hayser :welcome to the forum Yes we have been to the hotel I was happy enough our room was at the back over looking trees the room was really big like Fizzy said I have been to worse I would go back again ..its in a great spot handy to every thing ...colleen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.