Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
we are previous cala galdana holiday makers so I know we have been spoilt!

I think your right. I also agree about Cala en Porter.

In my opinion Binibeca is more of an 'area' than a resort, mostly residential and nothing like Son Parc. I think its more suited to day visitors who are looking to find something unique, or a great spot for a villa holiday for absolute peace and very quiet. There are a few small cove type beaches around, all popular with the locals.

Like you I've been to Cala Galdana (Menorca many times) and find it ticks all the boxes for me. If I had to make a second choice it would be Cala 'en Bosch. My ideal day would be spent with a morning in Cala Galdana followed by an afternoon on Son Bou beach and evening in Cala 'en Bosch.
We stayed at binibeca in 2004, its a lovely resort but very very quiet, we found a bit too quiet and it put us of Menorca for a while although we are thinking about going back next year.
We stayed in Binneca last June. It's an area full of villas - more like a high class housing estate than a holiday resort! Quite a few restaurants in Binibeca village and beaches within walking distance, but I would advise a car - if you go self catering you will need it to get to the big supermarket on the way to Mahon as Binibeca only has smaller shops. It does get aircraft noise too.
We stayed at S'Algar, but went to Binibeca Vell quite a few evenings for meals out (we had a car for the whole fortnight). It was very nice, you don't have to worry about it being scruffy there, seemed to cater for all the folk hiring private villas. It was fine in late July as it had a bit of atmosphere due to numbers of people about, but it might be very quiet (dead ?) off season.

S'Algar also had lots of private villas for hire. If you put S'Algar into the search a couple of people stayed on a regular basis and you might pull up a few useful posts. One of the positives about S'Algar is its proximety to Mahon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.