Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
Hi North
Any price quote now may be well out of date by August Fuel prices determine Safari costs.
Last March we booked with Gibran at The Barclay Centre (one of many shopping centres) did Tsavo East & West 3 days It was wonderful. We return March and have provisional quotes Masa Mara by plane 2 nights economy £225, 3 nights £300 Busines 2 days £300 3 days £400. Last year Thomson reps trips were 2 nights Masa Mara £440.
Gibran quote 3 days Tsavo Amboseli econony £185 and Gold £220.
Take advice when you are there on which trip, seasons vary Tsavo last March was a great 1st Safari now we fancy both Masa Mara and Amboseli and if we could get a combined trip flying will go for it. Tsavo has a long road haul over bad main roads but the "Park" roads are fine.
May know more by April.
Dariusdave
Hi North,

I'm also going to Kenya in August, but to SunNsand resort. Weather wise it looks good to me, mid 80's every day and a little rain. This is what the weather was like last August http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/63820/2006/8/19/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA not ridiculously hot, but just nice. Also remember that Kenya is on the equator so the sun is very strong, even if it doesn't seem hot you can still get burnt easily.

I don't know much about the safari's available on resort as I've never been before, and we've booked a packaged trip. Advice I've had (including that from Dariusdave :D ) is that August is a pretty good time to see animals as they migrate that time of year. Also I've been advised that safari can be tiring, so if it's your first time it might be worth only going for a few days, to break you in!!
End of August last year was brilliant weather. Only rained 1 day when we were at Leopard Beach Resort, Diani for 7 nights. Had a 6 night safari beforehand ......not long enough! Absolutely loved it, particularly seeing part of the migration in the Masai Mara.

Here http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g294206-i9216-Kenya.html you will find some recommendations of reliable companies who run safari's out of Mombasa. Locate the 'Go' list for Kenya. Many members have organised it via email in advance - MICS safari's is one I've seen popping up there many times. :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.