General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Fireworks count as explosives and are not permitted in either hold or hand baggage. Might you be able to source some out there - or if you are having a wedding coordinator ask her to help you!
I know for a fact that some resorts have sparklers because when guests have birthdays the staff dim the lights in restaurants and bring in the birthday cake with lit sparklers, but I cant give you any info on sky lanterns, your best bet will be to email the resort you are staying at and ask them.

Angie.
fairypants,

As has already been mentioned, fireworks and sparklers are a no no. Sky Lanterns are included under the definition of fireworks by the CAA as far as I know due to their flammability. Sky Lanterns actully caused Manchester Airport to close for a time in the early hours of New Years day as loads were released in the city and floated directly in to the flight path of inbound aircraft and some ended up landing on the taxiways! The first aircraft of the new year had to perform a go-around because of Sky Lanterns encroaching over the airport! Alsacienne's suggested of sourcing them out there is your best bet. I'm sure the hotel and/or the wedding co-ordinater will be able to point you in the right direction or supply them for you.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.