Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Speeding Taxis
13 Posts
We tell the taxi drivers that we won't give a tip if they drive too fast and if they continue to do so tell them that we won't pay. They slow down!
last new years eve our taxi driver got fined for dangerous driving (in goa)!!!!. He then tried to put the cost of the fine onto the fare. guess if he got paid?
We were being driven back from cubana (very very drunk after unlimited amounts of alcohol for £7). The guy asked me if I wanted to drive!!! I told him I couldn't walk strait let alone drive straight.

There is some very dodge driving over there. The trip down to palolem can be quite scary!
Hey! Hullsmoggy! Bet you give him a tip as well?? :lol: :lol:
we always use the same guy, have done for years and he takes it nice and easy for us :) he gets us at the airport and does ashwem/morjim day trips for us, he is really good, but if its just a 5/10 minute ride we just use one from outside the hotel, some of the drivers from the airport drive like NUTTERS !!
I'll echo that about the drivers from the airport, we had one in March, absolute nutter. We thought that he obviously was trying to get us to Arpora as quickly as possible so that he could get back and get another fare!

This year we've sent a text to our usual driver to ask him to collect us, seems silly but at least we know and trust him
Regarding the picture of the tourist vehicle, (top post) If you zoom into the tyres it looks like they are as bald as my husband's head!!!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl
Our drivers have explained it to us, tyres come with the taxis and are expected to last for life.
Haha, that made me laugh.

My otherhalf said the other day if only he could move to India and open up his own Tyre business.
I said that would be very unlikely over there.
Nic

He would be out of business in no time. Fitting horns is the business to be in
And if selling horns failed you could always sell earplugs!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.