Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Well the waiting is almost over are you all set lilkal
have you booked any excursions with RCI we booked Panaramic Rome its only about 4 hours we didnt want anthing that was too long too hot (well i hope it is)
Hi

We are looking at the Greek Island Cruise in September. We have cruised on P&O Oceana in the past.
Can we take Gin onboard for a drink in our cabin - as you can on P&O?
What are the bar and wine prices on board?
Do they have any wine packages?

Has anyone been on a P&O and a Royal Caribbean? How do they compare on food etc?

We live in Spain and are booking cruise only - has anyone else done this are there any problems?

Look forward to your replies.

Sandra
Hi Sandra and welcome to the Cruise forum!

I have merged your post with a similar topic so you may find some information in earlier posts. You may also find some information on RCI cruises HERE where I think there are drinks prices.

HTH

luci :wave
We're platinum members with Royal Caribbean, and have also sailed recently on P&O Oceana. Our preference is for Royal Caribbean............the food is much more to our taste (too much foreign food on P&O). We also prefer the ambiance on Royal Caribbean, and miss the Americans when sailing on P&O.
We usually book cruise-only because we prefer to make our own arrangements to stay in a hotel for a few days before and after the cruise (not to mention the fact it's cheaper to DIY!) We've never had a problem.....and have the added bonus of checking in at 11am and getting onboard before midday. Many times, the transport organised on package deals arrives later in the day...........by which time we're already installed in our cabin, and enjoying ourselves on deck!
Forgot to say in previous post

1. Royal Caribbean don't allow you to take spirits onboard to drink in your cabin...........but many people do smuggle it aboard in their luggage

2. Wine packages are sold, but I can't give the prices as we don't drink wine (only smuggled spirits LOL - only joking!!)

3. Bar prices are higher than P&O and 15% is added to advertised prices in liue of tips to bar staff

We are due to do the Greek Isles cruise in October - fourth time on Splendour of the Seas
heading for our first cruise next sat 28th from venice,i'm wondering does anyone have any advise for me on diy excursions or cruising tips.sailing with royal caribbean on the splendour of the seas.
cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.