Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Last season I did see a matress/bed shop in Apora; on the left as you head from Calangute going towards Anjuna.
Hi Phil,
There are several places that sell sprung mattresses around the Calangute area. (I don't know about South Goa though.)
I bought one last November from an open air type shop not far from the Calangute roundabout on the Candolim road. It cost about £40 and was heaven to sleep on after the previous rock hard mattress!! :tup
hi squigs
would that be the furniture shop by bombay bazaar
Hi Dragon,
yes it is! I checked prices at several places and they were the cheapest. :)
Hi Dragon, thought you still had to make the beds.

The sprung mattresses do come in a range of sizes but remember in Goa the norm seems to be only 6 or 6.3 foot long and we had to order our 6.6 ones but that was a few years ago. They now also come different thickness and quantity's.

We like fitted sheets and bought them from the UK as the sizes and quantity is so much better than the local stuff
We also took out fitted Egyptian cotton sheets!! Much cooler than the sheets in India :)
hi meagain
you are right i will be making the new beds when i go back over,good idea about the sheets from you and squigs
thanks squids i know the shop you mention.
There a loads of shops that sell sprung mattesses now, one by Mapusa Residency, another in the shops round by the fish market and the first place to have them Habitat on the main road just past Parra, they do free delivery
They also the mattress toppers in goa,but about double the price of the ones in the Uk.

John
Cotton fitted sheets in Ikea today - £1.50 each - cheaper than t-towels!!!

We bought wonderful fully sprung matresses imported from Germany when we bought our apartment - sold it to an Indian couple who could not sleep in the beds for the first couple of weeks as they were too soft !!
When we told them how much they cost (about the price of one charter holiday - honestly ) they decided they could sleep on them after all and now they tell us how good their sleep is.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.