Indian Ocean inc. Maldives/Mauritius & India Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in India and Indian Ocean.
Hi Dave

We did Sri Lanka last xmas and new year and had a brill time, we stayed in Bentota which is 3 hrs drive from airport and after the long flight we were beginning to wish we had stayed near the airport. The beach in Bentota is beautiful - at least the stretch where our hotel was. The sea was a bit rough for me but then if the sea doesnt look like the med I usually only paddle. Both xmas eve and new yrs eve we had gala diners - which we had to pay for when booking the holiday - and both parties were excellent.

To help break up the journey home we travelled to Negumbo the day before we were flying home and although we only had one night there I much preferred Bentota. We are already looking to book for March 2010 - we are going with friends who are unable to go away at xmas time or Im sure we would be heading back for xmas

I personnelly didnt feel as safe in Negumbo and I guess this have got enven worse since we left.

any further questions feel free to ask

Regards

Jules
Thanks Jules, very useful.

We not so sure ourselves now about Xmas. Thinking we to may have to leave it till Feb or March 2010

Dave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.